banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most boring guitar you have ever owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most boring guitar you have ever owned?

Did you think it was boring when you bought it? Do you still have it? Do you still think it is boring?
    La plouc

I've never owned a boring guitar. :P
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

is an old acoustic boring? maybe, but it sounds good

Comment

Import low line Alvarez Acoustic
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I have a Mexican P-bass that i would consider boring, Its as vanilla as you can get. It does the job and does it well but nothing about it is exciting. I bought it because somethings you need a real Pbass sound and well that it does.
          "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
          you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Probably the Squier Affinity Strat I bought last year. I bought it because it was cheap, less than half price for new. I didn't think much of it at all, I didn't have a (working) strat, now I do. There's nothing special about it, plus it's brown "sunburst". Which is why it is my 'boring' guitar.

But even with all my guitars right behind me, it's the one I pick up most to play along to songs on YouTube. Mostly because it's sitting on the top of the pile leaning against the wall.

Let's just call it my "least interesting" guitar.

Comment

Boring as in uninteresting or uninspiring?

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                Boring as in uninteresting or uninspiring?
                Either.
                La plouc

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Drak View Post
                    The ole root note bass guitar . . . I've known some guys who wouldn't have their playing impacted in any noticeable way gigging that.
                    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

| Gear Reviews | Beer | Babes | The Internet's Only Unedited & Uncensored Musician's Forum | Sports |

Comment

PRS McCarty Standard. Don't know what it was about it (maybe the lack of a maple cap?), but it never begged to be picked up and played once I got it home. It did play well, though.
                        DayGlo

Comment

I don't think there is a single one I didn't find exciting in one way. I mean, they might be boring to others, but I don't care about that.
                          Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

My first real guitar was a Squier II fat Strat. Boring was in the eye of the beholder. I wanted a Soloist or a Universe or a Les Paul. Everything else to me was crap.
                            La plouc

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                              I would hate to have to tune that. Especially if I lived somewhere with weather extremes.

And as far as boring guitars, mine are all far more interesting than their owner.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X