banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most boring guitar you have ever owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't say I've ever felt bored with a guitar.

Comment

It was more pickup related, but it was when I had a Jazz and Custom 5 in an Epi LP when I first started modding. I'm like this is the pits. Smooth jazz neck to awful smooth cluck in the middle to rock bridge. I knew I needed to figure something out going forward to increase complexity, organicness, and overall character of the setup and I achieved my goal.
      Last edited by Clint 55; 02-26-2021, 12:11 AM.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Smooth cluck in the middle? You should have played with the volume and tone on the Epi, assuming it was the 4 knob version.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

None of them have been truly boring. I think when I discovered humbuckers and got into metal, my MIM Strat (first guitar) was boring to me. I got an Ibanez SZ520 and that became my only love for a couple years.

But really, I've only owned guitars that excited me in some way, even if it was fleeting... But it always came back, and eventually I realized I couldn't justify keeping 10 guitars!

Down to 9 now, including steel and nylon acoustics. Definitely not bored.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
          Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
          Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
          G&L Tribute Comanche
          Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
          Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
          Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

I bought my Ibanez Jet King because I loved it's "surf guitar" looks. I put Duncan's in it and a crazy wiring scheme. I never touch it. I guess that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
              Can't say I've ever felt bored with a guitar.
              Kind of feel the same. Even my crappy bargain-basement Squier Affinity Strat that I spent 15 years with until I started playing again and putting some thought into buying guitars ... even that Squier gave me some great moments. None of my guitars (I only own four) are boring to me. I'll go through periods of playing one more than the others, but they've each got their place.

Comment

Had two Washburns a while back, and HB30 semihollow and a J6 Wes Montgomery full hollow. I was trying to add something different to my arsenal. They were too different, so they weren't played that much. Off they went.
                Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics), Epiphone Les Paul Special (SP90-1 set), PRS SE CU 24 Flametop (TB5/PGn), Ibanez RG870RWZ (PATB set), Jackson DK2M1H (TB4) & DK2 (TB10/VRn/CRn), LTD MH-1000HS (TB-15/Lil59n), ST213A (HRb/STK-S4 m&n) & TE212 (Hot Stack/A2Pn), Dean Cadillac 1980 (59 set) & Old Skull V (TB6/JazzN), Squier VM JM (SJM-1 set);Effects:L6 Helix, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, TC Eletronic Eyemaster, Fender FVP-1, EHX Wailer Wah & Volume Pedal;

Comment

A MIM Telecaster Standard in 3 tone sunburst. Nothing wrong with it in terms of tone or playability, it just never called out to me to get played as much as my silverburst Standard . I bought it as a backup for the other one, barely played it, and eventually sold it.
                  sigpic
                  Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

I have a beautiful Candy Apple Squire that I got some years ago from Ascension
                    it plays fine and sounds good but is totally uninspiring to play

my buddy borrowed it for a year or so and agrees
                    there just seems to be something lifeless about it

I think I will try a warmoth neck on it and see if that helps
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon View Post
                      My first real guitar was a Squier II fat Strat. Boring was in the eye of the beholder. I wanted a Soloist or a Universe or a Les Paul. Everything else to me was crap.
                      my first guitar was a hss black squire ii, it was a good guitar for what it was back in '90 or '91 when i got it. played the hell out of it till i sold it to a friend when i got my rg550

Comment

They're all boring until they get played
                        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                        Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                        http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
                          Had two Washburns a while back, and HB30 semihollow and a J6 Wes Montgomery full hollow. I was trying to add something different to my arsenal. They were too different, so they weren't played that much. Off they went.
                          I have been contemplating the HB30 on Amazon for some time
                          What was your impression of the build quality
                          the neck shape compared to say Gibson or Fender Balance/ neck dive

Not to derail the thread but ..... you know
                          EHD
                          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Well made Korean guitar. Never tried a Gibson ES-335, so I can't compare. No neck dive.
                            Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics), Epiphone Les Paul Special (SP90-1 set), PRS SE CU 24 Flametop (TB5/PGn), Ibanez RG870RWZ (PATB set), Jackson DK2M1H (TB4) & DK2 (TB10/VRn/CRn), LTD MH-1000HS (TB-15/Lil59n), ST213A (HRb/STK-S4 m&n) & TE212 (Hot Stack/A2Pn), Dean Cadillac 1980 (59 set) & Old Skull V (TB6/JazzN), Squier VM JM (SJM-1 set);Effects:L6 Helix, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, TC Eletronic Eyemaster, Fender FVP-1, EHX Wailer Wah & Volume Pedal;

Comment

Working...
                            X