DM-30 wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM-30 wiring diagram

Does anyone have a DM-30 switch wiring diagram? I tried wiring it up today with a diagram I got from Seymour Duncan and it worked in the bridge position and neck position, but I got no signal in the middle. I’ve looked up diagrams for DM-30 switches, but they seem to be few and far between.

sorry, im not familiar with what a dm-30 is

Comment

This type of switch.
      I’ve tried a handful of different 3 way lever switch diagrams. From what I can tell, the diagrams are generally based on a CRL type switch. This one, however, has a different position from those.

Comment

ah gotcha. if you took a good pic of both sides, i bet we could figure it out pretty quick

Comment

I can upload some pictures later

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            ah gotcha. if you took a good pic of both sides, i bet we could figure it out pretty quick
            Here you go. Are these good enough? Thanks for taking the time to look at these jeremy
            Last edited by Birdman642; 02-27-2021, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I posted this one on tele technical, but looks like the lights are on but no one is home so no replies. Thought I'd throw it out on here see if anyone can help. I want to put an original style dm30 3 way switch back in my mij '87 tele but have lost my original pics of when i took the old one...

Attached Files

Comment

Now I hope this isn’t a stupid question, but will the direction the switch faces impact the way it’s wired?

Comment

Naw
                  if it switches backwards
                  Or opposite of what you expected

Turn the switch around or
                  Swap the neck and bridge pickup wires
                  EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I saw that one a little while ago while searching. I was gonna give it a go when I have a chance. If I don’t get that one working, I’m considering just getting a CRL and being done with it

Comment

If that doesn't work Stemac's switch is supposedly the same. https://www.stewmac.com/video-and-id...on-switch.html
                      Last edited by idsnowdog; 02-27-2021, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
                        If that doesn't work Stemac's switch is supposedly the same. https://www.stewmac.com/video-and-id...on-switch.html
                        I read that too. I was reading through some stuff last night comparing the pin layouts of different switch types.
                        the wiring diagrams between the DM-30 and the Stewmac one are slightly different though. On the Stewmac one it has the connection going from the farthest point bridging to the one next to it. On the DM-30, it has the connection bridging from the second farthest to the one next to it.
                        I think I may be overthinking it. I’ll try the DM-30 diagram you suggested first, and then try the Stewmac one if that doesn’t work.
                        Last edited by Birdman642; 02-27-2021, 06:34 PM.

Comment

I think its the two small jumpers that you left out
                          EHD
                          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                            I think its the two small jumpers that you left out
                            Possibly. I’ll post results when I finally get it.

Comment

Update:
                              I got around to trying the Gotoh wiring diagram this morning. It worked perfectly. All I had to do was switch the leads from the pickups

Comment

Working...
                              X