X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    I originally wanted LSR tuners, but they aren't made anymore, and sets are over $500 if you can find them. The Hipshots are nice. They look good and hold the tuning well.
    Funny you mention the LSR tuners, I also wanted them but went with Hipshot for the same reason.

Click image for larger version

Name:	109224DC-FB08-4705-AB34-770A352ABE49.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	6160310

Leave a comment:

• ICTGoober
    replied
    I take it Mincer sold his Eastman since we haven't heard about it in 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    I originally wanted LSR tuners, but they aren't made anymore, and sets are over $500 if you can find them. The Hipshots are nice. They look good and hold the tuning well.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarDoc
    replied
    You're gonna love those tuners...really, really good. Kinda expensive, but good.

I also liked the roller nut that I had on one of my Strats, but since I now only use compensated nuts it doesn't fit my needs so I took it off. But for a straight nut it worked great (especially on a Strat with trem). I didn't notice any loss of tone...if anything it kept the tone bright and crisp.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Long term, all is great. I am still experimenting with strings. I usually use 10s on Gibson scale, 9s on a Strat. But 9s feel too slinky here, and 10s feel stiffer than on my actual Gibson. I have a 9.5 set on order to try those out. It is a guitar that everyone comments on, too. Soundwise the Seths are their dynamic honky selves. Perfect for the sound I want.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Ok, what’s the long term review? Velocity body, conversion neck, LSR, Hilshots, Wilkinson…

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Not bad!

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    7lbs, 6oz.
    The body is chambered so that helps.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post

It is really a deep red (sati dye) in person. It is the same red as the crab pillows. I didn't use a filter on the pic, but it wasn't natural light in the room.
    Need a little photo adjustment then!

Have you weighed it? I’m scared the parts I have here will be a heavy build.

Leave a comment:

• Chistopher
    replied
    [ like it. Usually when you guitars go for a modern look it means that they have impractical body shapes and all the hardware is gimmicky. I like the ergonomics, control location, and conciseness of it.

The softness of the edges and matte paint is also nice.

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    That came out really sweet. I like it. Even better that it plays how you want it to. My Warmoth is one of my main players.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    It’s a great shape combination.

Is it really that pink/coral colored or is that the camera?
    It is really a deep red (sati dye) in person. It is the same red as the crab pillows. I didn't use a filter on the pic, but it wasn't natural light in the room.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    It’s a great shape combination.

Is it really that pink/coral colored or is that the camera?

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by DKSEARS View Post
    Nicely done. Love the contrast in the wood selection. Liking the Warhead neck, too. That's the first one I've really seen out in the wild.

I'm hoping to make my next build a Velocity body, just not 100% whether to go more traditional or more exotic.
    Well, the cool thing about this shape is that there isn't 70 years of tradition. So you can go wild and it still looks 'normal'. I picked the Warhead because none of the other ones looked right to me. I've come to really like it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Warmoth2.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	6099802

Leave a comment:

• DKSEARS
    replied
    Nicely done. Love the contrast in the wood selection. Liking the Warhead neck, too. That's the first one I've really seen out in the wild.

I'm hoping to make my next build a Velocity body, just not 100% whether to go more traditional or more exotic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X