X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack_TriPpEr
    replied
    Thanks.

It's a looker, hope you enjoy it for years to come. Just keep it out of reach of Karma's claws.
    Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 07-29-2021, 07:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    No, thank you as well. I couldn't have done this without you either.

Leave a comment:

• Jack_TriPpEr
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    The wiring took awhile to sort out, but Artie helped me through it all.
    "Just" Artie helped out with the wiring, huh?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210729_074649.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.5 KB ID:	6099706
    Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 07-29-2021, 05:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied
    Man, Mincer, that looks great! Tasteful from top to bottom. I dig it!

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by BTMN View Post
    Great looking ride you built there my friend.
    Thanks Gene! It has made its appearance at a few of Julie's shows.

Leave a comment:

• BTMN
    replied
    Great looking ride you built there my friend.

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    I also like how it is unique but seems really functional and good sounding.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Thank you!
    The main truss rod adjust is at the heel, like on a old Fender. But quick adjustments can be done with the screw on the side...sort of a fine adjuster.

The scalloped neck thing was more because of John McLaughlin, but I find it reduces a lot of hand fatigue, so both of my main guitars are scalloped.

Leave a comment:

• PS412
    replied
    Wow. Stunning, good choices.

Now fertilize that lawn.
    Last edited by PS412; 07-24-2021, 11:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Originally posted by Adieu View Post
    What's that screw (?) in the side of the neck heel?
    Gotoh side adjust truss rod.

Leave a comment:

• Adieu
    replied
    What's that screw (?) in the side of the neck heel?

Leave a comment:

• Ashurbanipal
    replied
    Fab result indeed, red with black hardware is always a winner. Get yer Yngwie on! The neck looks like my PL, which, after 35 years of playing has gone deep tan (I call it fondled maple).

So the truss rod adjustment is at the side of the heel? Kinda reminds me of old Burns guitars, which had it at the base of the neck via a special key.

Leave a comment:

• playas
    replied
    That's a really stunning looking guitar.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    I reverted to my 5 way 'Do It All' wiring, and I ordered small screws to direct mount the pickups, as I didn't want to drill out the mounting tabs. The wiring took awhile to sort out, but Artie helped me through it all.
    I strung it with 9s at first, since that's what I use. But the shorter Gibson scale feels terrible with 9s. I swapped in 10s, did the set up over, and this guitar found it's voice. The trem, in conjunction with the LSR nut, floats like a butterfly and returns in tune. I never owned a guitar with an LSR nut, but man...what a cool thing. It comes with a bunch of shims for the right height (great idea!), and I needed 2 on the treble side and 1 on the bass side to clear the first fret.

I've already used this guitar at several shows, and it fits right in. The Seth Lovers are different than what I am used to, but I love their quirky, honky, bratty voice.

OK, here are some more pics!

Click image for larger version  Name:	back1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.8 KB ID:	6098589

Click image for larger version  Name:	back4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	92.9 KB ID:	6098591

Click image for larger version  Name:	front5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	71.4 KB ID:	6098593

Click image for larger version  Name:	head1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	6098596
    Click image for larger version  Name:	neck1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	59.5 KB ID:	6098597

These pickups came out great. There should be more powder-coated black pickups out there. I love the black logo, too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pickup2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.9 KB ID:	6098598

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    I will be updating this thread hopefully this week with completed pics.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X