No announcement yet.

Warmoth Project #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am curious how the Velocity turns out in this build.
    Been thinking about building a "sleek and fast" T-style Warmoth and the Velocity seems to fit that description but I don't see it very often in the wild.

Keep us posted of progress!

Comment

There is literally nothing in this build that appeals to me and that's why I'm feeling so much GAS for this. I love how you are making something out of these items that's truly your own.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
        There is literally nothing in this build that appeals to me and that's why I'm feeling so much GAS for this. I love how you are making something out of these items that's truly your own.
        Haha! I figured- it is pretty different than any of your designs. So far, it is coming along just great. This is Karma trying to help but definitely not helping.

Click image for larger version

Name:	karmaguitar.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	6077803
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

9k seth in the bridge eh? betcha that will kick some ass. looks great dave!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            9k seth in the bridge eh? betcha that will kick some ass. looks great dave!
            Thanks! I didn't really specify the power of the Seths. I told MJ that I wanted them 4 conductor, and I was going to use them split sometimes, so that is probably why she upped the power. I hope to install them later this week.

Comment

I prefer 24.75" scale length (Godin Exit 22, Gibson Les Paul, Peavey Vandenberg) so I bet your project will be killer. That Velocity body is killer too. Nice project, waiting for the final pics.

Comment

Hit a little roadblock deciding how I want to direct-mount the pickups. I made a separate thread about it here. I see a few ideas of what I should do on other forums, but no perfect solutions yet.

Comment

Ahem!

Pics?

Comment

I will be updating this thread hopefully this week with completed pics.

Comment

I reverted to my 5 way 'Do It All' wiring, and I ordered small screws to direct mount the pickups, as I didn't want to drill out the mounting tabs. The wiring took awhile to sort out, but Artie helped me through it all.
                      I strung it with 9s at first, since that's what I use. But the shorter Gibson scale feels terrible with 9s. I swapped in 10s, did the set up over, and this guitar found it's voice. The trem, in conjunction with the LSR nut, floats like a butterfly and returns in tune. I never owned a guitar with an LSR nut, but man...what a cool thing. It comes with a bunch of shims for the right height (great idea!), and I needed 2 on the treble side and 1 on the bass side to clear the first fret.

I've already used this guitar at several shows, and it fits right in. The Seth Lovers are different than what I am used to, but I love their quirky, honky, bratty voice.

OK, here are some more pics!

Click image for larger version  Name:	back1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.8 KB ID:	6098589

Click image for larger version  Name:	back4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	92.9 KB ID:	6098591

Click image for larger version  Name:	front5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	71.4 KB ID:	6098593

Click image for larger version  Name:	head1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	6098596
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	neck1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	59.5 KB ID:	6098597

These pickups came out great. There should be more powder-coated black pickups out there. I love the black logo, too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pickup2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.9 KB ID:	6098598

Attached Files

Comment

That's a really stunning looking guitar.

Comment

Fab result indeed, red with black hardware is always a winner. Get yer Yngwie on! The neck looks like my PL, which, after 35 years of playing has gone deep tan (I call it fondled maple).

So the truss rod adjustment is at the side of the heel? Kinda reminds me of old Burns guitars, which had it at the base of the neck via a special key.
                          Originally posted by dominus
                          Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

What's that screw (?) in the side of the neck heel?
                            "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                              What's that screw (?) in the side of the neck heel?
                              Gotoh side adjust truss rod.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Wow. Stunning, good choices.

Now fertilize that lawn.
                                Last edited by PS412; 07-24-2021, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X