Warmoth Project #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you!
    The main truss rod adjust is at the heel, like on a old Fender. But quick adjustments can be done with the screw on the side...sort of a fine adjuster.

The scalloped neck thing was more because of John McLaughlin, but I find it reduces a lot of hand fatigue, so both of my main guitars are scalloped.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I also like how it is unique but seems really functional and good sounding.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Great looking ride you built there my friend.
        Aint no pro but I know what I like....
        Guitar to sound output:
        Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
          Great looking ride you built there my friend.
          Thanks Gene! It has made its appearance at a few of Julie's shows.

Comment

Man, Mincer, that looks great! Tasteful from top to bottom. I dig it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              The wiring took awhile to sort out, but Artie helped me through it all.
              "Just" Artie helped out with the wiring, huh?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210729_074649.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.5 KB ID:	6099706
              Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 07-29-2021, 05:51 AM.
              Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

No, thank you as well. I couldn't have done this without you either.

Comment

Thanks.

It's a looker, hope you enjoy it for years to come. Just keep it out of reach of Karma's claws.
                  Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 07-29-2021, 07:57 AM.
                  Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Nicely done. Love the contrast in the wood selection. Liking the Warhead neck, too. That's the first one I've really seen out in the wild.

I'm hoping to make my next build a Velocity body, just not 100% whether to go more traditional or more exotic.

Comment

Originally posted by DKSEARS View Post
                      Nicely done. Love the contrast in the wood selection. Liking the Warhead neck, too. That's the first one I've really seen out in the wild.

I'm hoping to make my next build a Velocity body, just not 100% whether to go more traditional or more exotic.
                      Well, the cool thing about this shape is that there isn't 70 years of tradition. So you can go wild and it still looks 'normal'. I picked the Warhead because none of the other ones looked right to me. I've come to really like it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Warmoth2.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	6099802

Comment

It’s a great shape combination.

Is it really that pink/coral colored or is that the camera?
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                          It’s a great shape combination.

Is it really that pink/coral colored or is that the camera?
                          It is really a deep red (sati dye) in person. It is the same red as the crab pillows. I didn't use a filter on the pic, but it wasn't natural light in the room.

Comment

That came out really sweet. I like it. Even better that it plays how you want it to. My Warmoth is one of my main players.

Comment

[ like it. Usually when you guitars go for a modern look it means that they have impractical body shapes and all the hardware is gimmicky. I like the ergonomics, control location, and conciseness of it.

The softness of the edges and matte paint is also nice.
                              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

It is really a deep red (sati dye) in person. It is the same red as the crab pillows. I didn't use a filter on the pic, but it wasn't natural light in the room.
                                Need a little photo adjustment then!

Have you weighed it? I’m scared the parts I have here will be a heavy build.
                                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X