7lbs, 6oz.
    The body is chambered so that helps.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Not bad!
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Ok, what’s the long term review? Velocity body, conversion neck, LSR, Hilshots, Wilkinson…
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Long term, all is great. I am still experimenting with strings. I usually use 10s on Gibson scale, 9s on a Strat. But 9s feel too slinky here, and 10s feel stiffer than on my actual Gibson. I have a 9.5 set on order to try those out. It is a guitar that everyone comments on, too. Soundwise the Seths are their dynamic honky selves. Perfect for the sound I want.

Comment

You're gonna love those tuners...really, really good. Kinda expensive, but good.

I also liked the roller nut that I had on one of my Strats, but since I now only use compensated nuts it doesn't fit my needs so I took it off. But for a straight nut it worked great (especially on a Strat with trem). I didn't notice any loss of tone...if anything it kept the tone bright and crisp.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I originally wanted LSR tuners, but they aren't made anymore, and sets are over $500 if you can find them. The Hipshots are nice. They look good and hold the tuning well.

Comment

I take it Mincer sold his Eastman since we haven't heard about it in 2 years.
                aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  I originally wanted LSR tuners, but they aren't made anymore, and sets are over $500 if you can find them. The Hipshots are nice. They look good and hold the tuning well.
                  Funny you mention the LSR tuners, I also wanted them but went with Hipshot for the same reason.

Click image for larger version

Name:	109224DC-FB08-4705-AB34-770A352ABE49.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	6160310
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                    I take it Mincer sold his Eastman since we haven't heard about it in 2 years.
                    Sold, to buy a 1980 Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion.

Comment

• It's a cool guitar. Seen it / heard it in person!
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• Sold, to buy a 1980 Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion.
                        As I remember you bought one loaded with some kickass units, so someone got a great sounding axe.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

• That turned out really nice! Super nice overall aesthetic. I would gladly own that.

I installed an lsr nut on my hardtail warmoth strat. it works great with the 10 to 16 compound radius. I like the fact that open and fretted notes sound similar.

for next time, if you are still located where i think you are, Hudson do it best hardware store has a ton of different screws including stainless. I've never not found what I was looking for.
                          It's my goto when I need something special like a this shafted, large headed screw for direct mounting pickups.

Great job!

Comment

• Originally posted by Juanhanglo View Post
                            That turned out really nice! Super nice overall aesthetic. I would gladly own that.

I installed an lsr nut on my hardtail warmoth strat. it works great with the 10 to 16 compound radius. I like the fact that open and fretted notes sound similar.

for next time, if you are still located where i think you are, Hudson do it best hardware store has a ton of different screws including stainless. I've never not found what I was looking for.
                            It's my goto when I need something special like a this shafted, large headed screw for direct mounting pickups.

Great job!
                            Thanks, and I appreciate the tip on the store!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Thanks, and I appreciate the tip on the store!
                              No problem. It is a wonderland of cool stuff. Best hardware dept I've ever been in.

Comment

• Yeah - what's your opinion of the TrueTone jack? seems gimmicky

Comment

Working...
                                X