Clear All

• playas
    replied
    Ahem!

Pics?

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Hit a little roadblock deciding how I want to direct-mount the pickups. I made a separate thread about it here. I see a few ideas of what I should do on other forums, but no perfect solutions yet.

Leave a comment:

• donaldr
    replied
    I prefer 24.75" scale length (Godin Exit 22, Gibson Les Paul, Peavey Vandenberg) so I bet your project will be killer. That Velocity body is killer too. Nice project, waiting for the final pics.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    9k seth in the bridge eh? betcha that will kick some ass. looks great dave!
    Thanks! I didn't really specify the power of the Seths. I told MJ that I wanted them 4 conductor, and I was going to use them split sometimes, so that is probably why she upped the power. I hope to install them later this week.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    9k seth in the bridge eh? betcha that will kick some ass. looks great dave!

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by orpheo View Post
    There is literally nothing in this build that appeals to me and that's why I'm feeling so much GAS for this. I love how you are making something out of these items that's truly your own.
    Haha! I figured- it is pretty different than any of your designs. So far, it is coming along just great. This is Karma trying to help but definitely not helping.

Click image for larger version

Name:	karmaguitar.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	6077803

Leave a comment:

• orpheo
    replied
    There is literally nothing in this build that appeals to me and that's why I'm feeling so much GAS for this. I love how you are making something out of these items that's truly your own.

Leave a comment:

• Sambuccashake
    replied
    I am curious how the Velocity turns out in this build.
    Been thinking about building a "sleek and fast" T-style Warmoth and the Velocity seems to fit that description but I don't see it very often in the wild.

Keep us posted of progress!

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Here is the shielding work (I put Schaller S Locks on, but I didn't take a pic of those).

Before

Name:	cavity1.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	6077747

This is before I covered the little shelf for the screws.

Name:	cavity2.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	6077748

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

For copper tape shielding are you doing all the control cavity and pickup cavities?
    Not the pickup cavities, since you would see them- the pickups will be wood mounted, and I don't want copper shining through. If there is a big problem with noise, I might get black shielding paint and paint the cavities.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    So far, I connected the bridge, and the body to the neck. I am taking this slow, and working on 1 small thing every time I sit down. Tomorrow is strap locks, and might get to the copper tape.
    For copper tape shielding are you doing all the control cavity and pickup cavities?

Leave a comment:

• UnderTheFlame83
    replied
    Looking good!

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    So far, I connected the bridge, and the body to the neck. I am taking this slow, and working on 1 small thing every time I sit down. Tomorrow is strap locks, and might get to the copper tape.

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    That’s sweet.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
    . . . and those are some evil looking Seths!
    I agree. And how apropos that the lettering on the box almost looks like "Seth Loner."

Cool project, Dave.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X