X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by playas View Post
    That's a gorgeous looking body. Such a contrast between the back and front too.
    Thank you! I was going for wildly different wood types. The satin finish feels wonderful too.

Leave a comment:

• Ashurbanipal
    replied
    Sweet woods all around, and those are some evil looking Seths!

Leave a comment:

• playas
    replied
    That's a gorgeous looking body. Such a contrast between the back and front too.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    I connected the neck and body tonight, and started work on the bridge. But here is a pic of the body on a table at home. Not the best lighting, but you get the idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4364.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	6077441

Name:	IMG_4365.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	6077442

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
    Very cool news about your project, Mincer. Has the body, looks wise, met your expectations?
    No unique choice, but I hadn't seen many unique choice tops that look this cool. Yes, it exceeded my expectations. It is a really interesting figure, with what looks like alien faces on it.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Did you do a unique choice top or just standard flame?

Leave a comment:

• Synapsys
    replied
    Very cool news about your project, Mincer. Has the body, looks wise, met your expectations?

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    Slightly overwound bridge? Nice.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    An update: the pickups came in today. So did the body. I took some pics of the pickups, so you can see. I will wait for some good sunlight to get a body pic, but it is stunning.

Name:	QCHD4004.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	6077383

Name:	pickups.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	6077384

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Status report: bodies from Warmoth are taking an average of 12 weeks. That puts me at the 3-4 week of April.
    I bet my neck will be 12 weeks as well, since it’s got a finish.

I’ve got two more ideas I want to order but I want to see how this neck profile feels first.

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    Wow. It'll be worth the wait. Their showcase doesn't have much in it right now so custom order is pretty much the way to go for the time being until they get caught up on orders.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Status report: bodies from Warmoth are taking an average of 12 weeks. That puts me at the 3-4 week of April.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    i have a teleish thing i built and i have killed the jack twice so i ordered a puretone to replace the intermittent/noisy one thats in there. curious how it will work out

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Yeah, time will tell. I thought I'd try. This will be a side jack, and I considered a Switchraft/ElectroSocket combo, but I didn't have the means to countersink it.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Read about it, then came across someone I knew selling it in a lot of parts. It is black, so it will match the hardware. I don't know if it is any better than a Switchcraft, as I've never directly compared. But it is a seriously industrial piece of hardware.
    I'm guessing you mean Pure Tone. I've used them in a couple guitars now, and in a couple customers guitars. They're ok, but I think I'm going back to good ole Switchcraft's. I doubt the Pure Tone's have any sonic advantage, but they just feel clunky. On a guitar where the jack is mounted to the pickguard, I actually brace the pickguard with my other hand when I unplug the cable, because it feels like it wants to pull the screws out. On most guitars, this wouldn't be a problem. But I just like the "feel" of the Switchcrafts better. YMMV.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X