LP100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP100

This guitar has been sitting on eBay for a while now priced at $299AU (approx. $230US), since being left handed puts me in the "take what you can get" category, is it at all worth that price?

A lot would probably need to be changed on this - tuning keys, pickups, toggle, that stupid sticker. But I'd most likely just change the strings for now and be done with it.

Also, if I saved that money now, how far am I from the next decent level Epi? I've not been fussed with getting one before, but a chance not taken is an opportunity missed... or something.

Are prices that high Down Under? If I'm not mistaken the 100 series is bolt-on neck so to me that seems like a high price for that. How high are the prices for a lefty Epiphone Studio Les Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by Lovegun View Post
      Are prices that high Down Under? If I'm not mistaken the 100 series is bolt-on neck so to me that seems like a high price for that. How high are the prices for a lefty Epiphone Studio Les Paul?
      With the bs import rules, I think prices are being (sometimes unfairly) inflated in order for sellers to make it "worthwhile" to them. I'm more concerned that something of this age with wear that looks more like neglect than that of constant use has been overpriced, over whether it is bolt-on or not.

I have no idea what the price of a lefty Studio would be because a Google search seems to indicate they don't exist. I might need to look at saving a little more for the next level up, Standards or whatever - avg price $1200AU.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius Paisley View Post

With the bs import rules, I think prices are being (sometimes unfairly) inflated in order for sellers to make it "worthwhile" to them. I'm more concerned that something of this age with wear that looks more like neglect than that of constant use has been overpriced, over whether it is bolt-on or not.

I have no idea what the price of a lefty Studio would be because a Google search seems to indicate they don't exist. I might need to look at saving a little more for the next level up, Standards or whatever - avg price $1200AU.
        Going by the pic you posted, I don't see that much wear. Maybe a bit on the lower horn. Otherwise that seems to be a just a bit of dust and a dirty fretboard. Maybe you have to change the tuners if those are not in working condition. You have to ponder how much you are willing to spend on this guitar vs. save for a Standard. Or if lefties are so rare in that price range in Australia, then maybe you should get it.

Comment

Going by the pic you posted, I don't see that much wear. Maybe a bit on the lower horn. Otherwise that seems to be a just a bit of dust and a dirty fretboard. Maybe you have to change the tuners if those are not in working condition. You have to ponder how much you are willing to spend on this guitar vs. save for a Standard. Or if lefties are so rare in that price range in Australia, then maybe you should get it.

I don't think the "chip" in the paint the sticker is covering is much less than a chunk, like somebody once threw the guitar.

It's just unfortunate that the higher level LP Epiphones look so close to the Ibanez LP I already have, I don't want to be one of those "here's 50 of the same guitar, but trust me, at least four of them sound completely different to the others" people. I am, however, convinced that the price they're asking is too much. Especially considering the last "beater" I bought cost just over a third that price.

Comment

I don't think the "chip" in the paint the sticker is covering is much less than a chunk, like somebody once threw the guitar.

It's just unfortunate that the higher level LP Epiphones look so close to the Ibanez LP I already have, I don't want to be one of those "here's 50 of the same guitar, but trust me, at least four of them sound completely different to the others" people. I am, however, convinced that the price they're asking is too much. Especially considering the last "beater" I bought cost just over a third that price.
            I wouldn't buy that. Too much rust and the nut seems to need to be replaced. Truss rod cover screws have broken from rust. No telling how much the insides have rusted out. Too much things you have to replace for a high price with a lowend guitar. Chips and dings I could live with if the other parts were ok and the price was lower.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Might be time to revisit a combo amp purchase.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Might be time to revisit a combo amp purchase.
                Glad to help.

Comment

If we're comparing apples to apples, an upgraded low-quality guitar will likely not be as good as a medium-quality guitar that needed no upgrades. IMO.
                  Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                  Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                  http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
                    If we're comparing apples to apples, an upgraded low-quality guitar will likely not be as good as a medium-quality guitar that needed no upgrades. IMO.
                    Pretty much, but I'm still 3/4 away from a lefty Standard. Which I've been told is kind of a crapshoot re: quality.

Comment

I took my money elsewhere and settled on this instead...

Why buy a new guitar when I get different sounds out of the ones I already have?

Comment

I took my money elsewhere and settled on this instead...

Why buy a new guitar when I get different sounds out of the ones I already have?
                        That's better. Are you now playing three notes per string arpeggios?
                        Last edited by Lovegun; 03-12-2021, 12:49 AM.

Comment

That's better. Are you now playing three notes per string arpeggios?
                          That was the plan when I bought the miKro, but powerchording my way through songs on YouTube has just been easier.

Comment

i have way to many pedals, but i really like that one. good score

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                              i have way to many pedals, but i really like that one. good score
                              It's my third pedal since I bought my first back in 1996, and I only got my second pedal back in January.

My first might need some repair, but after 25 years and now waiting for this one to arrive, there might not be much point.

It doesn't have to work to make a decent nostalgia piece, but just seeing the asking prices now on eBay/Reverb... looks like I'm sitting on a gold brick.

Comment

Working...
                              X