What you think of this one ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
    The Pelham Blue Gibson SG is the most rare & sought after color in Gibson history.
    Not sure why some are knocking the color but whatever.
    And this guitar in not a G-400.
    I'm a big Pelham Blue fan and it looks like this Topic is trending towards fans.

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Pelham blue is pretty close to Lake Placid Blue, isn't it?
    I have nothing agains Lake Placid Blue either. I do think LPB is darker than PB, but still relatively close.
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Pelham blue is pretty close to Lake Placid Blue, isn't it?
      Lake Placid is darker. When the colors fade out the Inverness Green hops over to the faded Pelham family. Both very popular color of course as is the Lake Placid. Can't go wrong with any of them in my book.
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	iu.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	6064985
        Pelham Blue

Name:	iu-1.jpeg
Views:	267
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	6064986
        Lake Placid Blue

Name:	iu-2.jpeg
Views:	261
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	6064987
        Inverness Green

Name:	iu-3.jpeg
Views:	235
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	6064988
        Naturally aged over time Pelham Blue
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Thanks that makes more sense. I can see that they are all more or less in the same family, with Pelham Blue having more green in it.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Fit & finish are flawless, i can find no blemish in the paint.
            Small dark spot [knot] on the Indian Laurel FB but can't see it really. Not a deal breaker by any means.
            Lowered the bridge 3/4 turn hi/low sides, put .011's on it and 3/4 turn on the truss rod /perfecto.
            Intonation was spot on out of the box, that may be the first one ive had do that in 40 years.
            Whatever sounds good thru the Rockman usually sounds good thru my amps and this one sounds pretty good.
            Will have to evaluate the Epiphone Probucker pups tonight thru the amps to see if they make the cut.
            Whoever is managing/running Epi China knows wtf they're doing.
            Not like the past, they are redeemed in my book for now.
            They are getting them out the door in better shape than ever loaded with features for an extremely affordable price.
            Last edited by JMP/HBE; 03-16-2021, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Comment

looks fantastic! how ya like it?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  looks fantastic! how ya like it?
                  Incredible value for the $$$.
                  Very worth it.
                  The A2 Pro Buckers 2 & 3 are pretty incredible too.
                  I like them better than my Gibson Burstbucker Pro's.
                  They're certainly waxed potted alot better as my Burstbuckers squeal like a bish with pedals
                  Pro Buckers do not.
                  Last edited by JMP/HBE; 03-17-2021, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Looks nice but I REALLY wish they’d move past those nasty large post bridges.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                      It certainly looks like it belongs in that room! Congrats!

Comment

Comment

Certainly looks best in sunlight!

Comment

Certainly looks best in sunlight!
                            Was delivered Monday. Weve had nothing but rain since then. Yes the Sun is out today & that color really pops !

Comment

Even at that price, I'm not able to overlook the horrific stylings of the Epiphone headstock. Beyond that, it looks like everything I'd want in an SG, and I'm halfway in the market for an SG.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
                                Even at that price, I'm not able to overlook the horrific stylings of the Epiphone headstock. Beyond that, it looks like everything I'd want in an SG, and I'm halfway in the market for an SG.
                                Well the Gibson version of this in the same color is about $2400 bucks.
                                And this is the Kalamazoo headstock not the standard Epi.
                                It is what it is but im sure Gibson will be glad to take your money.

Comment

Working...
                                X