It's nice having a guitar again! NGD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's nice having a guitar again! NGD!

Picked up an Ibanez RG6003FM. First time I've bought a 24 fretter as well.
    "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Congratulations!
    Looks great.

Comment

Cool guitar! I gotta say, Ibanez really has the weirdest model names. How are you supposed to remember that?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Very nice those are great guitars! How do you like the Wizard 3 neck?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Cool guitar! I gotta say, Ibanez really has the weirdest model names. How are you supposed to remember that?
          Ibanez model numbers make for great passwords don't they?
          "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
            Very nice those are great guitars! How do you like the Wizard 3 neck?
            I'm not too particular about necks. No complaints about the profile. I will say it's very fast neck and it just felt wrong playing simple chords on it. Also, the entire guitar has a satin finish on it which I just love. I can't stand a poly finish on a neck these days.
            Last edited by TVFV; 03-16-2021, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Love the guitar especially the bridge.

Comment

Type it over and over. Repetition!
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Very nice guitar

Comment

You are probably right. I have a buttload of Ibanez catalogs and the number/letter combos they come up seems to be endless. Gone are the days when you just bought an Artist, a Roadster, or an Iceman. When the RG's hit Ibanez, it all changed.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

It USED to just follow the Japanese tradition of naming models by ballpark MSRP figures (in 100's of yen ~= $USD). Second digit coded pickup options or other features.

Then things changed and they added +1000 to Prestige models (which used to mean MIJ, but not necessarily anymore)

Then they also made alternative/upgraded versions of Prestige 1000's (like 1550's etc) and just changed the first number (to 25xx, 35xx etc)

Basically, the HUNDREDS digit is (usually) the "model"... but not in this case I guess
                      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Behind the scenes video of a guitar being named...

(joke shamelessly stolen)
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

Behind the scenes video of a guitar being named...

(joke shamelessly stolen)
                          hahaha, indeed.
                          I guess, inside the Ibanez company, those numbers mean something. Usually the name of a product is all wrapped up in the marketing, but you can't market a name like that.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The problem with guitar names is there need to be way more models than available names.

Comment

Originally posted by TVFV View Post

They did until you told us how to hack everything you own
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X