Does it exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it exist?

I'm betting it does, but interested to see - if anything - people come up with.

Silvertonebetty's post got me thinking...

Set neck
    25.5" scale length
    Rosewood fingerboard (Preferably)
    Maple / mahogany neck Mahogany body would be interesting but other options are cool.
    HSS (although will accept HH with the option to split both as runner up)
    41-42mm nut width
    Comfortable (let's say C neck profile...better still MM L3 style soft v neck contour) not too slim.
    Strat style body contouring or similarly comfortable body shape.
    Smaller body would be a benefit.
    Neck radius between 10"-16"
    trem bridge
    Good build quality & value for money
    Last edited by playas; 03-17-2021, 05:54 AM. Reason: edit: added trem bridge

Fender Stagemaster comes pretty close. Set maple neck, mahog body, Stratlike body contour, HH, medium C neck, not too pricey.
    Not sure about nut width or radius but they're pretty comfortable for me.

You'd need to find a Fender one though - Squier has a bolt-on model called Stagemaster but it's a wholly different guitar.
    Unfortunately people tend to list Squiers as Fender nowadays so searching could be tough. But I found one.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by playas View Post

Set neck
      25.5" scale length
      Maple / mahogany neck Mahogany body would be interesting but other options are cool.
      41-42mm nut width
      Comfortable (let's say C neck profile...better still MM L3 style soft v neck contour) not too slim.
      Schecter Reaper 6

https://www.schecterguitars.com/guit...l-burst-detail

set neck
      25.5" scale
      super strat style body
      42mm width at nut
      ​​​​​maple/walnut neck (ebony fretboard)
      HH pup config, w push-pull to split both pups
      14" neck radius
      Swamp Ash body wood with Burl top

The Ultra Thin C neck shape may not work for you.

I own a Schecter CR-6 model which is very similar except it has a bolt-on neck. I find it very comfortable and good value. I did need to replace the stock Apocalypse pups - they were way too hot ... and fizzy sounding w Ceramic 8 mags. The Reaper has Schecter Decimator pups... i don't know if those are similar or not.
      Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 03-16-2021, 09:41 PM.
      Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Ibanez SZ is 25.1” scale but similar, and PRS is 25” but otherwise similar.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Kiesel DC 600. it's a neck through not set neck but can easily be specked out for everything else you want. Build quality is jaw dropping. My 2017 Kiesel DC 127 is the most flawless guitar in fretwork fit and finish i have ever seen bar none at any price!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 Kiesel 4.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	6065564 Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 Kiesel 1.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	6065565
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
            Fender Stagemaster comes pretty close. Set maple neck, mahog body, Stratlike body contour, HH, medium C neck, not too pricey.
            Not sure about nut width or radius but they're pretty comfortable for me.

You'd need to find a Fender one though - Squier has a bolt-on model called Stagemaster but it's a wholly different guitar.
            Unfortunately people tend to list Squiers as Fender nowadays so searching could be tough. But I found one.

Nicely spec'd guitar, I wish I was aware of these when I was shopping for a 25.5" scale mahogany bodied guitar last year.

But... are you sure the Fender version isn't actually called a Showmaster, not a Stagemaster?

Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Www.balaguer.com

If bolt on is ok, Warmoth is still a fantastic option.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Some interesting guitars here alright.
                BTW forgot to mention some sort of a trem bridge.

Comment

42mm nut, rosewood w/maple neck, mahogany body, Floyd?

Sounds like any number of things ESP made in the 90s.
                  "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

You've listed so many specs there. If you're shopping, I'd focus on maybe the top 4-5 "must have" features and let the others slide.
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                    http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post

Nicely spec'd guitar, I wish I was aware of these when I was shopping for a 25.5" scale mahogany bodied guitar last year.

But... are you sure the Fender version isn't actually called a Showmaster, not a Stagemaster?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Showmaster
                      You're right, sorry about that. No wonder the Squire Stagemaster was nothing like it!

Did a search and learned a little - apparently only the Korean made Showmasters are set-neck.
                      All the later ones - even the USA Customshop version - seem to be bolt-ons.

But IMO for around $500 the MIK ones are a steal. I really like mine.

BTW, the stock Duncans sound great in this guitar (59N and PG Plus), and they do split in positions 2 & 4.
                      I liked the PG+ so much that I bought another for a different guitar.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by playas View Post

Set neck
                        25.5" scale length
                        41-42mm nut width
                        trem bridge
                        This would seem to be a pretty common thing -25.5 Strat maple rosewood with flat modern neck tremelo in your desired pickup config? I think pretty much every Fender Super Strat knock off company makes something close -like Suhr for example has made that in the past.
                        Last edited by NegativeEase; 03-18-2021, 08:48 PM.
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

This wood seem to be a pretty common thing -25.5 Strat maple rosewood with flat modern neck tremelo in your desired pickup config? I think pretty much every Fender Super Strat knock off company makes something close -like Suhr for example has made that in the past.
                          I don't think the Set Neck feature that the OP specified is an overly common feature on superstrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post

I don't think the Set Neck feature that the OP specified is an overly common feature on superstrats.
                            Oh damn, you are right -I totally skipped that one...

yeah that's start to approach unicorn status form the bigger makers -but still should be easy from a boutique one.
                            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
                              You've listed so many specs there. If you're shopping, I'd focus on maybe the top 4-5 "must have" features and let the others slide.
                              More than anything I want to tap into the depth of knowledge that exists here and see what people suggest.

My knowledge of the variety of models produced by a wide range of companies isn't that extensive, but the combined knowledge of the forum is impressive.

... silvertonebetty's custom shop post got me thinking, hence the origin of the thread... and I figured it would be very useful to be aware of models along the lines of the specs I posted earlier.
                              Even if there is nothing spot on I'm sure some similar options are out there and could come in very useful in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X