• Is this the Talman 5.0?

https://guitar.com/news/gear-news/fe...master-launch/

The real question is, will it chug

1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I doubt that Fender is drawing inspiration from Ibanez.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
        I doubt that Fender is drawing inspiration from Ibanez.
        Fender draws inspiration from any and all competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
          The real question is, will it chug?
          Certainly, and I like guitar. Solid six out of ten.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

Certainly, and I like guitar. Solid six out of ten.
            I didn't think it really chugged until he put both pickups on. But the humbucker alone was definitely unique and cool.

Comment

Maybe a decent solution for a mostly-acoustic player who wants electric tone once in a while.
              Myself, I find that thing exceedingly fugly.
              Just my opinion.
              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                Maybe a decent solution for a mostly-acoustic player who wants electric tone once in a while.
                Myself, I find that thing exceedingly fugly.
                Just my opinion.
                I don't find it very appealing myself, they seem to be going for to many markets.

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post

I didn't think it really chugged until he put both pickups on. But the humbucker alone was definitely unique and cool.
                  Didn’t watch the clip, was just joking about how Ola can pull a killer metal tone out of almost anything.
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

Didn’t watch the clip, was just joking about how Ola can pull a killer metal tone out of almost anything.
                    And he didn't disappoint.

Comment

I was hoping he’d do the intro to “Battery” on it. The switch from acoustic to electric in the song would have been a good showcase.

Comment

I've played the Strat version, and I really liked it. Thing was, it was $2k. That is a pretty big investment to see if what it does can fit into your musical vision.
                        Apparently, the Tele, Strat, and Jazzmaster all do different sounds. Not just the magnetic pickup, but the acoustic models are different in each model.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I was really impressed with the strat version that I played, and the Jazzmaster one looks even better. But my issue is . . . I've got a couple nice electric and acoustic guitars. For recording I'd rather reach for one of them than this guitar. Especially acoustic . . . the lighter strings on these don't feel quite right, and if you put heavier strings on it then it becomes impossible to play as an electric any more.

However, if I had a lot of live songs where there were switching parts between electric/acoustic buying this would be a no-brainer.
                          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Yeah, I think in a live setting is where it would shine. It would be fairly feedback-resistant, which would be easier than a full size acoustic when playing with a whole band. A solo artist looking for a unique tone would get use out of it too, especially if you are switching between electric and acoustic voices.
                            The acoustic sound is better than a solidbody with a piezo, and actually better than most piezo-only acoustic guitars.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'll stick with my Yamaha Silent Guitar. It has two great sounds - the undersaddle piezo transducer, and the SRT sound - which is basically a sampled acoustic guitar sound. Both sound excellent, but I like them blended 50/50. I keep telling myself I'll add a Bill Lawrence acoustic pickup to the end of the fingerboard one of these days, but I haven't gotten to it yet. If I was gigging it would be done by now. By the way - it sounds fine plugged into the Marshall - nice and crunchy if that's what I want. Built in effects, too. Two kinds of reverb, delay, and chorus. Love the neck on it, too.
                              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Working...
                              X