No announcement yet.

Is this the Talman 5.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interestingly, Ibanez did make a guitar along these lines 35 years ago, part of the Lonestar series. Set neck, thin body with magnetic and piezo pickups that could be blended according to taste. Very few made. The neck pu looks like a triple ceramic 12k beast that featured on many other models at the time, maybe not quite right this kind of guitar . Well, it was the 80s..it's just missing a Floyd.
    Originally posted by dominus
    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Yes, and they are quite collectable these days.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
        Interestingly, Ibanez did make a guitar along these lines 35 years ago, part of the Lonestar series. Set neck, thin body with magnetic and piezo pickups that could be blended according to taste. Very few made. The neck pu looks like a triple ceramic 12k beast that featured on many other models at the time, maybe not quite right this kind of guitar . Well, it was the 80s..it's just missing a Floyd.
        Pity it came with that superhot pickup, that looks like a sweet ass jazz guitar.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          Pity it came with that superhot pickup, that looks like a sweet ass jazz guitar.
          Yup. But it looks humbucker sized. It could probably be replaced with anything. Gorgeous guitar!

Comment

Yes, the humbucker is normal sized; chuck in something PAFish and you're away. A Super 58 would've probably been more appropriate from the factory .

They did rejig the model as part of the Artstar range a few years later with a mini-hum and a pinless bridge.
            Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Those Ibanez guitars look really cool. I had never seen either of them.
              The Acoustisonic range seems more like easy-to-play acoustic guitars than true hybrids. I know Godin had done a similar thing with their A6 models. These Godins use electric strings, so while their electric sounds are good, the acoustic sound suffers. I'd rather have better acoustic sounds, myself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	godin-a6-ultra-147737.png
Views:	87
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	6066196
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Yup. But it looks humbucker sized. It could probably be replaced with anything. Gorgeous guitar!
                Yes, but you may need your brass hobby stock. They used a 2+1 mounting pickup in it!
                I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

^^ You can buy an adaptor for a regular pu leg to slot into and keep the stock look or drill a central hole in the ring (have done it myself before I knew about adaptors, d'oh).

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post

Yes, but you may need your brass hobby stock. They used a 2+1 mounting pickup in it!
                    Well, I just stuffed myself with tacos. But tomorrow, I'm going to show ya'll how this is done, on the cheap, with wood. Film@11.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Well, I just stuffed myself with tacos. But tomorrow, I'm going to show ya'll how this is done, on the cheap, with wood. Film@11.
                      Tacos . . . Wood . . .on late night film? This is not a sex forum!
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Tacos . . . Wood . . .on late night film? This is not a sex forum!
                        Not to mention . . . I need to remember what I was talking about.

Comment

Working...
                        X