Push Pull Pot Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push Pull Pot Help

Bought an LTD MH-250NT guitar that has a push pull tone pot installed, but it isn't wired up. Never wired one up before. Any help be appreciated.

Comment

What are you trying to do with it?
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
        What are you trying to do with it?
        I want single coil tone on both pickups.

Comment

Just checked to see what pickups this guitar has installed, and to my surprise they're Duncans. JB and Jazz. But I have never seen this print on the back before. How old are these? They sound amazing. Also they do not have the Seymour Duncan logo, so I had no clue what was in this guitar.
          Last edited by UnderTheFlame83; 03-19-2021, 04:16 PM.

Comment

There are plenty of wiring diagrams available on the Duncan page. This one is pretty straightforward, but I’d recommend using a PRS SE Custom schematic. Theirs splits the pickups to a resistor, leaving part of the second coil active, and resulting in less volume drop and a better (IMO) split tone.

Search “partial split” on here for details.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
              Just checked to see what pickups this guitar has installed, and to my surprise they're Duncans. JB and Jazz. But I have never seen this print on the back before. How old are these? They sound amazing. Also they do not have the Seymour Duncan logo, so I had no clue what was in this guitar.
              Check out the other thread.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

What other thread?
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

You have single conductor pups

Coil split ain't happening
                  "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                    What other thread?
                    The one where he asked about the same thing,
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                      What other thread?
                      It's in The Pickup Lounge.

Need info on these JB/Jazz combo
                      Last edited by JamesPaul; 03-19-2021, 11:04 PM. Reason: Cleaning up my messy link
                      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                        You have single conductor pups

Coil split ain't happening
                        I see. That's why it wasn't wired up in the first place.

Comment

Though I am not very well versed in the different editions of SD pickups, but it ooks like a prime candidate to be a 35th anniversary Antiquity JB/Jazz set:

https://www.seymourduncan.com/single...iquity-jb-jazz
                          As far as I know, old Duncans didnt always have a logo on them, OEM versions always seem to have one. Also the ESP/LTD guitars I see rarely come with SDs. So I'd say that it came from factory with something different that was splittable and the previous owner installed this set, but either ignored the push-pull or didn't know that single conductor pups won't split. And it also doesn't look like a factory wiring.

Edit: Oooops, didn't check "the other" thread before opening my piehole... Mincer said it all there. At least I guessed right...
                          Last edited by nexion218; 03-19-2021, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X