Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nexion218
    replied
    Well his Dunlop singanture strings are 10-46 plus a 52 for drop tuning. I'm pretty sure he didn't change a single string in the last 30 years or so, so he just said what he last changed himself back in '87, which was apparently 9-42.

Leave a comment:

• h3r3t1k
    replied
    Yeah but Eb with 9-42s is loose even on a Fender scale. Is he really doing that?

Leave a comment:

• nexion218
    replied
    Well, the beards k8nda match...

Seriously, there is some typo, because the description on the page you linket they say it's 24.75, then at the bottom in the data sheet it's 24 5/8, which is 24.625 ... Unless there is some "logical" explanation for it rooted in the depths of the imperial system... The thing I don't understand though is that why on earth does someone want to boost an EMG81's preamp... Is he running his Marshalls on the clean channel? LOL
    Last edited by nexion218; 03-21-2021, 08:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• h3r3t1k
    started a topic Slayer's Kerry King string tension confusion

Slayer's Kerry King string tension confusion

So in a rig rundown by Premier Guitar it's stated that he's using 9-42s for Eb/D# and I was like wow that's light thinking it was a Fender 25.5" on his shred sticks. Then I looked up the scale length and found that his Dean signature has a scale length shorter than a Gibson at 24.625". Am I missing something here? This is Billy Gibbons territory lol!
Working...
X