Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a Jazzmaster

fit in a Strat case correctly?

Probably depends entirely on how Strat-specific the inner molded/cut bits are. Despite JMs being both a little longer and a little wider that Strats, it seems like the external case dimensions would be okay.

Boy, that was a lot of words to say "I don't know."
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Lmao.. that's about how I feel about it.

Comment

Sometimes even Fender doesn't know which guitars fit in which case. Fender Support said my HM Strat would fit in any Fender Stratocaster case. Instead it flopped around in every Fender Stratocaster case the store had.
        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Almost never.

Jazzmaster bodies are much longer and wider than strat bodies. You usually need a jazzmaster/jaguar designed case (in a pinch, most short scale bass cases/gig bags will fit a jazzmaster).
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Are the Jazzmaster and Jaguar bodies the same?

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
              Are the Jazzmaster and Jaguar bodies the same?
              Pretty damned close:

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Thanks Steve, it looks like the Jazzmaster's upper bout is not quite as deep at the neck but not really enough to worry about... EDIT:
                . AT ALL

Comment

When I was demoing a JM late last, there's no way in heckola it fit in my molded Strat case. Or my gig bag. Heck, it barely fit in a soft shell gig bag made for my full scale 34" P bass.
                  Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                  Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                  http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Figures... The damn case is $199.

Comment

Get a Gator case, that what I went for to store my Squier VMJM.
                      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
                        Get a Gator case, that what I went for to store my Squier VMJM.
                        How much? The one I saw was $199

Comment

Oh really? I got one here in Portugal, Europe, for under 90 bucks two years ago. The Fender one cost about 200.

Maybe prices jumped?

Sorry about the suggextion!
                          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

I use a Mono Vertigo gig bag for my jazzmaster. It's pretty awesome to be honest. I've also got a cheap gig bag for my Jazz bass that fits the Jazzmaster just fine (albeit with some extra room over the headstock).

Rondo music used to sell jazzmasterish guitars. Maybe you can pick up a cheap(er) hard case from them. (Edit - yep . . . this looks like what you want: https://www.rondomusic.com/Douglas_E...BAR_Tweed.html )

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                              I use a Mono Vertigo gig bag for my jazzmaster. It's pretty awesome to be honest. I've also got a cheap gig bag for my Jazz bass that fits the Jazzmaster just fine (albeit with some extra room over the headstock).

Rondo music used to sell jazzmasterish guitars. Maybe you can pick up a cheap(er) hard case from them. (Edit - yep . . . this looks like what you want: https://www.rondomusic.com/Douglas_E...BAR_Tweed.html )
                              Yes that's what I want, thanks again man!

Comment

Working...
                              X