SEYMOUR DUNCAN SH-1 59 on a PRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEYMOUR DUNCAN SH-1 59 on a PRS

Hello, I'm really new at this. It's the first time that I buy a pickup for my guitar so I have no idea how it works. I own a PRS SE CUSTOM 22 and I want to put a SEYMOUR DUNCAN SH-1b 59 on it. I'm afraid it won't work or won't be compatible with my guitar, is this possible? Or should it work just fine? Thank you!

Nope, the 59 should be just fine in that guitar. Welcome to the site by the way.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I bet you'll like the '59b in that guitar. Go for it and let us know what you think afterwards.
      Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

The 59 is a great pickup for a PRS. Lots of people here use PRS guitars, so you are in good company, too. If you have any more questions about the install, don't hesitate to ask.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Get a Trembucker version (TB-1), since those are wider at the bridge position. It's purely aesthetic, but my OCD likes the correct alignment of the strings and oole pieces.
          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Should be a great pickup for that guitar. The 59B is a gem.

One thing to bear in mind: a standard SH-1B does not have four-conductor wiring.
            If your guitar has the pull-to-split tone control, you wouldn't be able to use that with a standard 59B.

However the four-wire version is readily available through authorized Duncan dealers if you need one.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
            X