Wiring diagram for LTD Bill Kelliher Sparrowhawk wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring diagram for LTD Bill Kelliher Sparrowhawk wanted

Bought this used with EMG's installed but I want to put the Lace divinators back (2 HB with split coil, one volume; one tone knob; 3 way switch)

Anyone have a diagram?

Normally the HB's hot goes to the 3-way switch, but what i'd like to know is, since the Lace HB's don't have shielded wiring, do I need to twist thehot wire with the grond wire?

Based on the attached pics, it looks like the color code for the Divinators is as follows:

Orange: Hot Wire

Black-Orange and White wires pre-joined: The two coil Finish wires pre-joined

Green and Black-White wires pre-joined: the Cold wire and Shield wires pre-joined.

On that basis you could use any Seymour Duncan digram that features coil-splitting for 2 humbuckers and convert colors as follows:

Duncan Black (hot): Lace Orange

Duncan Red & White joined together: Lace Black-Orange and White

Duncan Green and Bare: Lace Green and Black-White

You won't necessarily get hum-canceling when coil-split and Middle Position of the 3 way pickup selector switch. If you definitely want hum-canceling when coilsplit and in Middle Position of the 3 way pickup selector switch, i can assist to explain a slight tweak to the wiring but you will need a compass and be willing to follow my instructions on how to use it to determine the magnetic polarity of each coil on each of the Lace Devinator pickups.
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Ok thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X