• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - RG

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210329_230644.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	6068856 Added another Ibanez RG (#8) to my collection today. This is a Gio GRGR131EX. Its an amazing cheap guitar, and it plays just as good as any RG I have, or played before. Smooth frets. Fast neck. Super low action without fret buzz. All. Black. Good stock pickups. Infinity R is the best Ibanez infinity pickups IMO they have ever produced and I have tried them all. I have no negatives at all on this guitar. Love it. Click image for larger version  Name:	20210329_214146.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.4 KB ID:	6068840
    Last edited by UnderTheFlame83; 03-29-2021, 10:08 PM.

Really dig the look, RGs are nice guitars. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
      Really dig the look, RGs are nice guitars. Enjoy!

Comment

It has quite a sinister look to it. Matte black with that black pickguard is menacing! Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
          It has quite a sinister look to it. Matte black with that black pickguard is menacing! Enjoy!
          I definitely will

Comment

I agree that is a great look.
            Wonder why we don't see that more often,,,,,matte black with black guard?

Comment

Have heard good things about this model, it definitely caught my eye when the 2021 range was announced. The Gio range in general seems to have come a long way.

Maybe they should've greyed out the neck too to complete the look . I just noticed now it has black binding.
              Originally posted by dominus
              Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Just curious, which other RG models are you comparing it to? I haven’t played a new GIO in maybe 3 or 4 years, and the last ones I played were ok for the price, but definitely not what you’re describing.
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I have a gio. It's pretty awesome but the first fret frets out. Other than that, i thought it was really nice. Not gonna spend $80 to have frets leveled on a guitar that was $80.

Comment

No frills shred! Rock or Die. In basic stealth black. Love it.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

But we are doing Nazgul/Sentient, or maybe Black Winters - right???
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        Id go DDs with the flat black metal covers.
                        1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
                        Jackson Soloist 7 string
                        ESP LTD M-400
                        Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                          Just curious, which other RG models are you comparing it to? I haven’t played a new GIO in maybe 3 or 4 years, and the last ones I played were ok for the price, but definitely not what you’re describing.
                          Well, this RG is different than any other I own. Reverse headstock. Matte black. But in terms of build quality, it's very solid. I would compare this model to Ibanez $500 range. And yes, these new GIOs are a HUGE step up from past models. Ibanez could easily take the Gio name off the headstock and sell this for $500. I actually prefer the purpleheart fretboard to the jatoba ones found on Ibanez $300 to $700 range of guitars. It is really surprising of the quality you can get these days cheap. The Ibanez workers in China are wizards.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                            Maybe later, yeah. But to be honest I am very happy with these Ibanez Infinity R humbuckers for now. It's crazy cause I have plenty of extra Duncans and DiMarzios laying around I can swap for them, but I am in no hurry.

Comment

Also it has the best fretwork on a $229 guitar I have ever seen. All level and frets are perfectly dressed. I used to have a Jackson and an ESP LTD in the same price range, and this guitar blows them all away easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X