Warmoth build fitment issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kavooch View Post
    Regardless, it seems as if Warmoth is dismissing my issues. Any thoughts?
    I am curious why Warmoth is dismissing his issues.

Comment

Maybe the sdked for images of the pocket like we did
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
        If we can't solve the OPs question, at least this shows there is a baseline of knowledge a person needs before he builds a guitar from parts.

It is a little more complicated than Legos (although not much!)
        “This neck is sitting much higher in the pocket than it should be. Also, even if I ramp the saddles right up, I can’t get the action right. I’m not sure where the issue is.”

Comment

I am curious why Warmoth is dismissing his issues.
          As far as I can tell, there's no proof that they are "dismissing his issues".

OP probably shot off an email to Warmoth the evening before he posted here and it's not like he's the king of follow-through based on this thread.

To their credit, Warmoth is seriously backed up and even posted a video about their unprecedented workload right now, so the OP should expect a slower response than usual. Even in non-pandemic times, it's perfectly normal to have to wait a few days to hear back from some companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

As far as I can tell, there's no proof that they are "dismissing his issues".

OP probably shot off an email to Warmoth the evening before he posted here and it's not like he's the king of follow-through based on this thread.

To their credit, Warmoth is seriously backed up and even posted a video about their unprecedented workload right now, so the OP should expect a slower response than usual. Even in non-pandemic times, it's perfectly normal to have to wait a few days to hear back from some companies.
            Has OP clarified if both the neck and body are both Warmoth products? Not to shill for them, but i got a warmoth neck a few months ago, and I had a slight issue way less dire than the OP, and within hours of my first email they offered to send a return label to make it right. Not trying to cast doubt on the OP or his issue, but i think there's more to the story than an ill cut neck pocket that warmoth won't fix.
            Quality riffs in about a minute...
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post

Has OP clarified if both the neck and body are both Warmoth products?
              I believe that OP has clarified zip.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post

I believe that OP has clarified zip.
                It was probably something dumb like the truss rod was cranked all they way down... Although in the pictures the neck did appear to be sitting high in the pocket. I suspect we will never know.

Comment

He hasn't come back. Maybe he was angry and decided to post this thread in a bunch of places to get people to question Warmoth's quality. None of us can know for sure until he comes back.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It was probably something dumb like the truss rod was cranked all they way down... Although in the pictures the neck did appear to be sitting high in the pocket. I suspect we will never know.
                    It did look high. But I think he said he finished the body himself, so he might have got paint in the pocket. Or the pocket was the wrong depth. Or the neck was wrong.
                    I guess we’ll never know.

It got me wondering whether it was a Squier Bullet body as it was a hardtail, but I don’t think anyone would put a Warmoth neck on a Bullet body.

Comment

Both body and neck are Warmoth as the OP mentioned. We'll never know more unless he returns and posts an update.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavooch View Post
                        Recently received a body and neck. It's taken about 2 months for me to receive all the parts for this build. After finishing the body myself and installing all the parts, the neck fitment is way too high. I can't adjust the saddles high enough for the strings to clear the frets. It's basically unplayable. I took a bunch of pictures and have sent them to Warmoth comparing their product with my American Fender stratocasters and it's blatantly obvious that something isn't right. Regardless, it seems as if Warmoth is dismissing my issues. Any thoughts?
                        I don’t think it’s conclusive that both were from Warmoth. The second post was asking clarification on the same point. Also, the second sentence implies that the parts arrived over a period of two months, which leaves open the possibility that the body and neck were from different manufacturers.

Comment

the images show the neck sitting about the height above the proper height equal to the thickness of the neck plate
                          it could have been his first build and the solution may have been embarrassing
                          EHD
                          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                          X