replied
    Originally posted by solspirit View Post

How much assembly is required?
    Uhmm. None.

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
    I find one of these to be invaluable: https://www.parts-express.com/Elenco...ox-Kit-320-078

Just bring a couple wires, (connected where the cap would go), out from under the pickguard or control cavity, and clip that on. Now you can hear, in real time, the direct affect of each value. Including one's you'd normally never use. Just for the sake of learning.

Click image for larger version  Name:	cap_sub_box.png Views:	24 Size:	125.8 KB ID:	6069498
    How much assembly is required?

. Hell, I want to make a switch out of one and put it in a guitar. At the very least I'll get some long leads and put it on top of the amp. lol
    Last edited by solspirit; 04-02-2021, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by solspirit View Post
    DUH.. I didn't see the link
    It's early.

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    Thanks Artie, this is probably better than learning from a book and definitely cheaper and less time time consuming than buying a bunch of parts and experimenting.

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
    I find one of these to be invaluable: https://www.parts-express.com/Elenco...ox-Kit-320-078

Just bring a couple wires, (connected where the cap would go), out from under the pickguard or control cavity, and clip that on. Now you can hear, in real time, the direct affect of each value. Including one's you'd normally never use. Just for the sake of learning.

Click image for larger version  Name:	cap_sub_box.png Views:	6 Size:	125.8 KB ID:	6069498
    This is where it at. Where would I find one?

DUH.. I didn't see the link

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	cap_sub_box.png
Views:	128
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	6069498

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    I made a varitone/varivolume out of a 4 way switch. On one side it has different values of resistors and on the other side it has different values of caps. It's cool and useful. The tone is no load so with the tone on 10 it will just be the resistors affecting the volume and darkening it that way. I think the cap values are 22nf, 15, 10, and 6.8. The resistors result in the volume equivalents of like 300k, 200k, 125k, and 85k or something like that.
    Last edited by Clint 55; 04-01-2021, 01:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    In reality, the best place to learn is your home. Buy some parts and experiment. Outside of that, you can learn a lot here, too.

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    started a topic Please help with pots, caps & resistors

Please help with pots, caps & resistors

Where a the best place to learn about how different cap and resistor values affect different pot values?
Working...
X