Joe Satriani neck pickup location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oilpit View Post

Yeah because he had Ibanez design a guitar specifically to mitigate that problem, after decades of sticking to 22 frets because he didn't like the neck tone of 24 fret guitars!

2 minutes 10 seconds

I know that you think that you could blindfold Satch and outsmart him with your incredible ear, I however, am skeptical.

And it took them 25 years to figure out that the answer is single coil sized humbuckers...lol.

Hamer already did it with Californian long time ago.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_X00RD mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
      This is pretty much what I hear, and what everyone else hears as the difference between 22 and 24.
      Retailer I trust for online purchases: https://imp.i114863.net/NLBgP This is the wireless system I use in every video: https://amzn.to/3cCZgv1 Guitar stands ...

These guitars have the same neck pickup.. with a different pickup they could be made to sound even closer. If you can't get a 24 to work for you... well alright then.

My guitars are 50/50 22 and 24 frets fwiw. Never say never.
      Cool.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I guess chocolate vs triple chocolate would be another heated debate.
        Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
          I guess chocolate vs triple chocolate would be another heated debate.
          I will be filing this topic in that same file as JBJ vs. JBx, old JB vs. new JB, pickup used on Van Halen I, electric guitar tone woods, electric guitar resonance, etc.

But seriously, I think it's a matter of personal preference.
          I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Working...
          X