Anyone own a mikro guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

I meant the short scale. Maybe way heavier strings would help. Being a big dude probably doesn’t help, either. Regardless, I can’t think of any reason I’d play it instead of my full size guitars.
    Oh ok. Yeah, stick with a full scale then

Comment

That Paul Gilbert Mikro on Squeebay went for extra reasonable money. Hope someone here is the winning bidder!
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I recently built a StewMac Mini-LP and really dig it unplugged for noodling/practicing. The pre-wired electronics are bogus though and with no luck trying to get them to work I'm at a point where I think I will just replace both and start over. Very cool tiny guitar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tiny LP.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	6073760

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
          I recently built a StewMac Mini-LP and really dig it unplugged for noodling/practicing. The pre-wired electronics are bogus though and with no luck trying to get them to work I'm at a point where I think I will just replace both and start over. Very cool tiny guitar.
          Cool little guitar. I wish you lived closer. I'd wire her up for you. But still . . . 1 pup, 1 vol, 1 tone, should be easy to sort out. "Should", is the operative word.

Comment

Next one going on the bench. This one will get new tuners, new nut, and a set of zebra Duncan Hot Rodded pickups. Should be awesome. Doesn't need a level, just a good setup. Body and neck in like new condition. Already presold to a drummer pal in Junction City, KS. He's a Lightning McQueen fan.

Last edited by ICTGoober; 04-15-2021, 08:39 AM.
            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Cool little guitar. I wish you lived closer. I'd wire her up for you. But still . . . 1 pup, 1 vol, 1 tone, should be easy to sort out. "Should", is the operative word.
              Could have before I moved! You are one of 2 forum members I've met in person.

A lot of the bad reviews were for the "pre-wired" electronics...they sent an updated instruction manual but I think they should have just sent the parts un-wired. Besides, the pots look extremely cheap so it will be better to start from scratch with better quality.

I'll get it up and running sometime soon!

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post

Could have before I moved! You are one of 2 forum members I've met in person.

A lot of the bad reviews were for the "pre-wired" electronics...they sent an updated instruction manual but I think they should have just sent the parts un-wired. Besides, the pots look extremely cheap so it will be better to start from scratch with better quality.

I'll get it up and running sometime soon!
                It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I too, have met two forum bro's in person. You and Rand-O. He lives here in town. Just talked to him last week. I have several of his guitars in my shop right now. He's a killer guitar player, but just hard to get a gig these days.

Comment

I don't know he's around these parts anymore, but Zakk Speed had a Mikro RG which he did up pretty nicely with, iirc, a Liquifire/Crunch Lab and gold hardware (the guitar was black) - looked very classy. It might be somewhere in one of the old Ibanez threads.
                  Originally posted by dominus
                  Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I too, have met two forum bro's in person. You and Rand-O. He lives here in town. Just talked to him last week. I have several of his guitars in my shop right now. He's a killer guitar player, but just hard to get a gig these days.
                    It will be! I am looking forward to hearing it plugged in–the B and high E string go out of tune pretty easy when chording BUT for a quick practice, this thing is quite fun.

I never got to meet Rand-O, remember conversing on the forum, seemed like a decent guy. Wish him all the best! I'm getting a couple of gigs here and there but the market is definitely down.

Comment

I'll tell him you said "hey." He doesn't have an internet connection right now, which is why he hasn't been here awhile.

Comment

I'll tell him you said "hey." He doesn't have an internet connection right now, which is why he hasn't been here awhile.
                        Thank you Artie!

Comment

Working...
                        X