NGD RG470MSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
    ^^ Rich is a bona fide guru when it comes to setting up a guitar. Anyone who uses Chapstick probably got it from him!

I understand. Ultimately, if it's worth it to you, then it's worth it, but having some very different guitars is never a bad thing ; a shredder has a place in the stable, beside Strats, Teles, LPs and so on. Those wiring kits like Mojotone and so on look pretty nice, almost art!

Jazzmasters do have their own sound – like a Rickenbacker or a Danelectro, you gotta get one to get the specific tones/vibes. Those low output, plunky/throaty sounding pickups + some overdrive sounds killer. I like Larkin Poe a lot – awesome use of JM –, and I notice Rebecca's Jazzmaster is modded with a Wilkinson roller bridge and that bar between the bridge and tailpiece to increase the break angle.
    Ah yeah a buzzstop and roller bridge would be sweet!
    and yeah the jazzmaster is way cool for being it's own thing and I love that you can summon the full jangle with the 1meg pots on full but backed off even just a little takes a lot of the edge out and sounds more normal fender. you can approximate tele sounds but they are smoother and bouncier, and the neck pickup is kinda stratty.
    the rhythm circuit is a jazz sound that I wish got more popular. Little dull but still sweet. Kinda like a nice tele neck pickup but not too weak

Comment

Z denotes Edge Zero trem not active electronics, wtf?!

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_X00RD mit Tapatalk

Comment

Low e string snapped at the bridge and the music shops are all closed on Sunday can't buy new strings I pulled the bar back pretty good there.

otherwise man I been having a good time with this
        wish I had a closed back cab, open back all wrong for 80s riffs!

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
          Low e string snapped at the bridge and the music shops are all closed on Sunday can't buy new strings I pulled the bar back pretty good there.

otherwise man I been having a good time with this
          wish I had a closed back cab, open back all wrong for 80s riffs!
          I saw this in post #21 in this topic. Is there enough string on the tuner post that you can unlock the nut, unwind enough to feed the broken string back down to the Floyd and clamp it in? If there is, it might get you through until Monday.
          Last edited by JamesPaul; 04-10-2021, 11:07 PM. Reason: Changing to reference post #
          I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

There's three winds on yonder tuning post so maybe! but the end of the string frayed a bit at the broken section so I'll at least give it a shot lol
            could rob the string from the jazzmaster but that's like rude to jazzmaster chan...

Comment

I'd just snip the frayed part off to avoid it slipping. It shouldn't take much unwinding to reach the clamp.

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
                I'd just snip the frayed part off​​​​​​ to avoid it slipping. It shouldn't take much unwinding to reach the clamp.
                Bro it totally worked
                +100 "Likes" ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post

Bro it totally worked
                  +100 "Likes" ​​​​​​
                  Very cool!!!

Thanks to Ashurbanipal who posted it earlier. I'm a 37 year Kahler player and 13 month Floyd Rose player, so I'm trying to take in all the Floyd knowledge I can. I am glad I remembered this.

This is also another positive for my Floyd as my Kahlers rely on the ball end of the strings to lock into the bridge.

Comment

Yeah, crazy pull-ups will do it .

I've been adding extra wraps on the tuners for this reason for as long as I can remember. It's better than putting on a new string, imo, which then sounds too new compared to the others.
                    Originally posted by dominus
                    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Playing with the action, Turns out about 1.6 mm high e it's where I like it and a touch higher on the low side At about 1.4mm I defs notice some high frets (my 21st fret becomes my 22nd fret lol) and some choking on some bends way up there but 1.6 on the high side seems pretty sweet.

$449 guitar right from the factory, I think they did pretty good on the frets!

How do you get that silky mirror polish thing on the frets is that steel wool

​​​​​​

Comment

That's some meedly-meedly action. Choking on the upper frets is not uncommon, partly due to neck geometry under string tension. Sometimes luthiers/techs do additional levelling of frets past the neck/body joint so they're lower than the rest for this reason.

It could also be that an isolated fret is high, which you can check with a credit card or dedicated fret rocker, but with action that low, some choking might be expected, as the neck doesn't have much, if any, relief in this area.

Steel wool is probably the easiest/cheapest option for getting that shine and slink. In this case, when polishing, make sure the pickups are covered very well or work on the neck removed from the body - if any debris from the wool gets into the pickups, it can be goodnight Irene. Stew Mac and similar platforms sell dedicated micro mesh, fret erasers, and grit pads, but the stuff can be expensive. All in all, there's a few options.
                        Originally posted by dominus
                        Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Working...
                        X