banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

String Instrument Craftsman - Do you remember it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done, glad you were able to get hold of them all.

Comment

At this point I have begun to share these files with over 30 people. The board of ASIA will discuss hosting them on their website soon and Dick Boak plans on hosting them on his personal website. Soon - the word should spread and anyone who wants them can download them to use as they see fit. Seems there isn't enough money in ASIA's budget to publish hard copies of the files in a compilation, but I wager someone would want them in case the internet ever goes down....
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Guys, Dick Boak sent me a link I can share with any of you who send me a PM and your email address. Using the link before next Wednesday, you can download all 14 issues of String Instrument Craftsman for FREE. I've already sent the link to members of this forum, and about 50 other people on other forums. This is a terrific resource of information written by professionals for professionals and serious amateurs.

After Dick's link expires, I would still be happy to send them to you one at a time. FREE. I want this information available once again. THANKS!

Comment

Only 2 days before Dick Boak's link goes dead....

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. Had a busy weekend. Got 'em all now.

Comment

thanks again for doing this, look forward to reading them!

Comment

UPDATE: I have compressed all fourteen of the sixteen page files at this point. If you would like PDF files of the newsletter in a cleaned up format (all three hole binder holes edited out), and scrollable from page one to page sixteen - PM me your email address. I will send out seven emails of two files each over a couple days (so I don't fill up your inbox). Over fifty members of multiple forums have requested these files at this point. You can save these on your internet devices, print them out, or share them with your contacts. It's FREE info by professionals. Get in on the action.

Comment

By request - someone wanted all 14 issues in book form.... I've had 5 copies done in 3 color printing, spiral bound, with 224 pages under plastic covers. Won't be cheap. We are talking $50 per book, free shipping within the continental US. Sing out if you want in on this deal. I'm keeping the first because I gave away all my hard copies back in the 90's.

Last edited by ICTGoober; 05-05-2021, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Already sold 2 of the 5 books I had printed....

Comment

Bump in case anyone is still interested... At this point, over 70 people have gotten the files.

Comment

Guys over on the Mandolin Forum have requested the files now. We are up to over 70 people who have gotten them via email or by hard copy.

Comment

I sent a follow up email.

Comment

You should have all 14 files by now, Kevin.

Comment

Still sending out these SIC files via email to interested parties. If you'd like, send me a thumbdrive and I'll be happy to copy them for you and return the drive to you. If you like hard copies and don't wish to use up your paper and ink printing 224 pages, I still have 2 full color books - $50 postpaid anywhere in the lower 48. Avail yourself of a great resource if you do instrument repair or build them.

Comment

I now offer another choice! I am burning CD's with all 14 SIC files in PDF. Anyone else ready to pop for one of the 4 methods I offer?

Comment

Working...
                                X