Glarry strat build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glarry strat build

This started off as a normal white glarry with a black pickguard and 3 single coils.

Got a cheap invader clone hsh set off Ebay and a white pearl pickguard and upgradeupgraded the pots to 500k ones.

Sanded the back of the neck some but not much. Tried to get it a little thinner. May try again sometime.

Sanded the edge of the fretboard and reworked all the edges on the frets.. they weren't terrible but some were sharp and I just like to tinker..

New white "speed" knobs. I just like them..

Just got a purple pearl pickguard but an hss one this time and also ordered a cheap white hot rail single coil sized pickup off ebay. I didn't like the invader humbucker interface neck or the invader single coil in the middle but the bridge sounds great honestly. So I plan on trying the hot rail in the neck first and leaving the rest as is. If I dont car for that much I may swap the single coil invader with the rail positions. Just waiting on my hot rail to be delivered.

Yes I know these are all cheap mods but it was a cheap guitar and so far it's pretty nice.

Really considering on doing a scalloped fretboard on this guitar because it's the cheapest one I got. If i do it will only be 12 thru 22.

Let me know what you think so far!

-Brad

Got a purple pearl pickguard a little while back and figured I'd update the post. Also just ordered a guitar madness hexbucker in white with black pole peices. If that doesn't sound good I will end up going with an emg or some sort of duncan. I will also more then likely upgrade to a better strat neck or try to custom fit a jackson style neck to it.

Oh I also switched configuration to hss.
    Last edited by Zombie 13X33; 07-26-2021, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X