NGD Kramer Focus VT-211S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Kramer Focus VT-211S

The gear keeps coming. I found a Kramer Focus VT-211S in Pewter Grey on Facebook Marketplace local today and just picked it up for $60. Holy crap this guitar is awesome! It has a mahogany body (has a nice weight to it, around 8 pounds) and these stock pickups are very good, and hot. It reminds me of a Korean Squier standard fat strat I used to have. I'm impressed. You can pick these guitars up new for $129 when you can find them in stock. If anyone is looking for a cheap fat strat to mod, this is the one to get! Hard to believe these are so cheap. I'll post some pics of it later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210416_153604.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	6074518 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210416_154025.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	6074519

Comment

Haha, you're on a roll, man. It's cool that these have matching headstocks.

Is the humbucker the same as in the Baretta? How does the neck profile compare?
      Originally posted by dominus
      Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
        Haha, you're on a roll, man. It's cool that these have matching headstocks.

Is the humbucker the same as in the Baretta? How does the neck profile compare?
        No, the humbucker in the Focus is different. Much brighter, but close to output. Focus has 250k pots and the Beretta 500k.

Neck feels very similar in profile. The focus is a bit rounder.
        Last edited by UnderTheFlame83; 04-16-2021, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Only negative thing about the Focus is the tuners. I'm not having a hard time keeping it in tune, but they are way too stiff. The Beretta tuners are much, much better.

Comment

That is quite a deal. How come I never see that kind of stuff out here?
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              That is quite a deal. How come I never see that kind of stuff out here?
              I'm not sure, Mincer. I am always on the look out for deals here. And usually I find them pretty easy here surprisingly. That's the only thing that's nice living here. The weather sucks.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Seems like a good budget fat Strat; I guess other options in the general price range are Harley Benton and Squier Affinity of some sort. The Kramers have more fun colours, I quite like the red one. Thomann still seems to have some purple in stock, the rest are sold out.

Mmf, I know those tuners, my first electric has them (just different buttons). Maybe some Wilkinson replacements would drop right in.
                Last edited by Ashurbanipal; 04-17-2021, 01:27 PM.
                Originally posted by dominus
                Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                  Thanks for the info. Seems like a good budget fat Strat; I guess other options in the general price range are Harley Benton and Squier Affinity of some sort. The Kramers have more fun colours, I quite like the red one. Thomann still seems to have some purple in stock, the rest are sold out.

Mmf, I know those tuners, my first electric has them (just different buttons). Maybe some Wilkinson replacements would drop right in.
                  This is a fun guitar and well worth the price of them. I would say quality is equal to the Squier standard series out of Korea in the 90s. Mine doesn't have any finish flaws. I'd pick the Kramer over a Squier Bullet or Affinity personally. Not sure if Wilkinson tuners would be a direct drop in. But it is a cool guitar and it doesn't feel or sound cheap.

Comment

I'm sure it is almost as good as my Fender Lonestar!

Seriously - for 60 bones who cares? Use it for luthier practice, use it for wiring practice, spend 120 on upgrades, use it for target practice if you want!

Well done!
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                    X