• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh cool!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
      Pulled the trigger and ordered the Vintage White Click image for larger version

Name:	baretta-special-h-trem-rw-hd-145305.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	6074822
      So, now we know why they're sold out everywhere .

Any plans for this one?
      Originally posted by dominus
      Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post

So, now we know why they're sold out everywhere .

Any plans for this one?
        This one is still in stock at Guitar Center and the Black in stock at Reverb.

Yeah, I think I am going put a creme DiMarzio Super Distortion in this one and a CTS 500k pot, then remove the treble bleed. That's it. The stock pickup is going into a different guitar. If the Super D doesn't work out, then a JB.

Comment

Not a Special, but this one is cool. Definitely 80s. Click image for larger version

Name:	front-banner-500_500.png
Views:	397
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	6075019

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	7159b3403e2606fa16b8b66e8d39372e.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	6075026 Click image for larger version

Name:	852a01477c4513f115edccb4f4023293--jobs-guitars.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	6075027 Click image for larger version

Name:	2-D3-A63-E4-2753-4997-84-C7-B82-BEFB48616.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	6075025

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	7159b3403e2606fa16b8b66e8d39372e.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	6075026 Click image for larger version

Name:	852a01477c4513f115edccb4f4023293--jobs-guitars.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	6075027 Click image for larger version

Name:	2-D3-A63-E4-2753-4997-84-C7-B82-BEFB48616.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	6075025
              Real Kramers. Mine is a 1988 Baretta with a Kline NYC graphic.

Comment

^ Very nice. All original?

Comment

^ Very nice. All original?
                  Thanks. There's been a few upgrades. New saddle lock blocks, new lock nut, pickup swapped, volume pot and jack changed. There's a Screamin' Demon in it now. That pic was taken before the overhaul and pickup swap. Plays like a dream.

Comment

I like any of the Kline graphic Beretta guitars. I plan on owning a few... someday. I actually made an offer on The Lady Liberty on Reverb. When I do get my hands on them, I will NEVER sell them. Even if I must sell half my collection to get them. I'd be ok with that

Comment

This one is still in stock at Guitar Center and the Black in stock at Reverb.

Yeah, I think I am going put a creme DiMarzio Super Distortion in this one and a CTS 500k pot, then remove the treble bleed. That's it. The stock pickup is going into a different guitar. If the Super D doesn't work out, then a JB.
                      Nice, it's gonna be ballsy!

I have an Air PAF Pro in my RG - might be too low output for some but I like it.
                      Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Nice, it's gonna be ballsy!

I have an Air PAF Pro in my RG - might be too low output for some but I like it.
                        Wait, an Air PAF Pro? Did you mod a PAF Pro?

I simply can't grasp these new Gibson owned Kramers. I get that they are reissuing 80's designs as they are iconic with the Kramer brand of the 80's but they're not even close in terms in quality, IMO. The Pacers I picked up were OK but they weren't alive and something was missing. Same with the Barettas. Think of it like this, Van Halen fans loved that they went on tour with DLR again and while it was great, Mikey wasn't there and even though the songs sounded great and all, there was something still missing (Mikey's background vocals). That's the best analogy I can give. If folks want to get these Specials and mod 'em, have at it. There's quite a crowd out there doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                          Wait, an Air PAF Pro? Did you mod a PAF Pro?
                          Yes, I took out all the metal spacers and further isolated the hex screws from the magnet in both coils. I don't know if anyone else has done this to a PAF Pro, people tend to do the air mod on hotter pups.

It has a bit less output, strings ring longer, and midrange is reined in (always found it a tad squawky stock in my setup).

Comment

Yes, I took out all the metal spacers and further isolated the hex screws from the magnet in both coils. I don't know if anyone else has done this to a PAF Pro, people tend to do the air mod on hotter pups.

It has a bit less output, strings ring longer, and midrange is reined in (always found it a tad squawky in my setup).
                            Very cool.

Comment

It's different, for sure. I need to redo the setup on the guitar and go back to using 9s (it has always played a bit stiff with 10s) before making a proper call.

Anyway, the guitar might be a good alternative if a vintage Kramer is out of one's budget. They came in some nice colours too. The stock pickup is a 12k, triple ceramic beast, pretty aggressive and thicc sounding, as the kids say these days.

Comment

It's different, for sure. I need to redo the setup on the guitar and go back to using 9s (it has always played a bit stiff with 10s) before making a proper call.

Anyway, the guitar might be a good alternative if a vintage Kramer is out of one's budget. They came in some nice colours too. The stock pickup is a 12k, triple ceramic beast, pretty aggressive and thicc sounding, as the kids say these days.
                                Ibanez Roadstar Series guitars. Brings back memories. What year is that one and the model? I found one at a pawn shop in 93 94? and I think I payed $100 for it then. Back when pawnshops used to have the best deals. Not anymore... Wish I'd kept it, but I traded it for an acoustic long time ago. It wasn't like that one. The one I had was a HSH. Black. Don't remember the model. Matter of fact that was my very first Ibanez.

Comment

Working...
                                X