No announcement yet.

Kramer Baretta Special?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ It's an RG410, made 1986-87, part of the Deluxe series. It was actually released partway through 1985 as the RS410, but had a straight mounted pu and the clunky Pro Rock'r bridge. I bought mine as a husk for $150; had been looking for a pink one but had to settle for black.

Yes, those halcyon days of pawnshops! Your former squeeze sounds like an RG450, they came in black or silver, same ceramic pickups (including the single coil). They don't come up too often, fewer seem to have been shipped back in the day than other models in the range. Nice first Ibanez to have .
    Last edited by Ashurbanipal; 04-20-2021, 04:34 AM.
    Originally posted by dominus
    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

After looking up the older RG450, that was the one. Now, I really wished I'd kept it.

Comment

Hehe, yeah, been there; I've seen them used in the $350-600 range when they appear, still not bad for an old MIJ Ibanez.

Originally posted by dominus
        Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

The Vintage White was delivered today. Going to do a basic setup and put my strings on. Action is a little high and intonation is off on E, A, and D strings. May have to give the truss rod a quarter turn. Not much. The frets feel gritty and need a good polishing. No buzzing, though. Fret ends are very smooth. Whoever put the volume knob put it on all the way down to the body and it barely turned. Was hard to get off. Ended up scratching the knob up a little. Oh well. Off to set her up, and then shred some. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210421_164712.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	6075602

Comment

That SCREAMS for a No Bozos sticker....
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              That SCREAMS for a No Bozos sticker....
              Good idea!

Well, I got her setup with good playing action. Low E 1.75 mm and high E 1.5 mm. No frets buzz anywhere. I'm definitely enjoying it! Got to eventually get different saddles. These are digging into my palm. Other than that, 2 thumbs up!

Comment

I just bought one off eBay for another guitar!

Man - get a locking nut on that and RAWK!

Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	525umdt26e131.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	6075647

Comment

^How different was the one Eddie is holding above compared to the most recent models? Maybe it is the angle, but the vintage Eddie one looks a little smaller.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      ^How different was the one Eddie is holding above compared to the most recent models? Maybe it is the angle, but the vintage Eddie one looks a little smaller.
                      Good question. I'm sure someone here knows.

Comment

Kramer also has a current model called “The 84”, which may or may not be an unofficial Eddie model...

https://www.kramerguitars.com/Guitar...4/Alpine-White

Edit: the pickup on The 84 is not angled.
                        Last edited by CaptainWhizz; 04-21-2021, 08:49 PM.

Comment

That white one in the pic (also known as the No Bozos guitar) was for the photo shoot. Eddie never owned it. Heck, when it was used for the photoshoot, nothing was even wired up in it and it was not even tuned up. It was literally thrown together quickly for it. Heard that from a former employee who was there. It’s a Baretta but earlier (83-84) than the body of the current Gibson offerings. The ones now have the 85-86-ish body with the hockey stick headstock.

The current 84 model is more akin to what Eddie played, which was a Pacer special body, not a Baretta, and the pickup was straight...... his 5150 Kramer that he played for years.

Comment

I like that they’re putting series/ parallel switches on the guitars.

Comment

Are they series/parallel or series/split?

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                                I just bought one off eBay for another guitar!

Man - get a locking nut on that and RAWK!
                                It will take more than just a lock nut to keep it in tune during dive bombs. That stock trem doesn’t lock the strings in like a Floyd does. Even the non-fine tuner Floyd had the strings locked in the saddle.

Get a FR 1000 and slap it on there. Will take some routing and drilling but doable.

Comment

Working...
                                X