Kramer Baretta Special?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Yes, the good thing is that Kramer's formula is pretty cheap to produce. Market using some nostalgia, and everyone who was an EVH fan in the 80s will get one, especially for the price. It is a pretty slam-dunk sale right there.
    Snake Sabo Kramer was about to be unboxed at the shop when I left...
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Snake Sabo Kramer was about to be unboxed at the shop when I left...

Comment

The Alto Music listing on Reverb I mentioned earlier is almost sold out on the black Beretta Specials. There was 20 in stock a few days ago when it first popped up, and now they're down to only 3 in stock!

Comment

I bought a candy blue Beretta about six or seven months ago. I modded it with a Wilkinson Bridge, Gotoh tuners, JB no logo humbucker and added a second knob with a coil split switch. All in I tip the scales at $300 and it’s really cool sounding fun little guitar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          -=The Dali
          --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

How do you like the new bridge??
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

How do you like the new bridge??
              I like the bridge. Easy action and pop in bar. Plus bigger block. I didn’t like the fact that it wasn’t drop-in... i had to plug 2 holes and re-drill. But that doesn’t surprise me given that this isn’t a fender product.

-=The Dali
              --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post

Ibanez Roadstar Series guitars. Brings back memories. What year is that one and the model? I found one at a pawn shop in 93 94? and I think I payed $100 for it then. Back when pawnshops used to have the best deals. Not anymore... Wish I'd kept it, but I traded it for an acoustic long time ago. It wasn't like that one. The one I had was a HSH. Black. Don't remember the model. Matter of fact that was my very first Ibanez.
                I know this reply is two years old, but I have to share my pawn shop find because it was quite a find on a Roadstar style guitar.

1985 Ibanez AH-10 Allan Holdsworth. It was tossed in a corner in very sad shape. I wasn’t sure what it was until I saw the Allan Holdsworth name on the headstock. I knew who he was, and that made me very excited because I knew this had to be a very special Ibby. Unfortunately, the owner noticed my excitement and he googled the guitar. He ran into a reverb listing of over $2000. But that was a pristine showroom guitar. This one seemed had strings from 1985, it had several chips on the paint (you can see one of them in this pic), and it was unplayable. He still tried to start the negation at $1000. I told him he’s out of his mind and walked away.

For WEEKS we haggled via messenger, and I got him down to $500. I then asked him if he at least put new strings so I can see if it plays. I also asked if it had the original case. No to both questions. I figured it’s time to visit again and haggle in person. He was still firm on $500, and claimed that’s what he paid for it. I told him what he paid for it is not my problem, and this guitar in this unplayable condition without its original case is worth $100. Hell, for all I knew, it probably had a different pickup, and not the original Allan spec pickup. He then went down to $300, I told him I have $200 and I’m being extremely generous. I want the guitar, but not for $300. Take this or you won’t see me going through that door again. He took the cash.

First thing I did was remove the pick guard and look for the Allan signature on the back of the pickup. I could tell that pick guard was never removed, and a quick look revealed the cool engraved Allan signature. A bit of elbow grease, and she turned out to look quite decent, and plays and sounds amazing!

Comment

Oh yeah and since this is a thread about the Baretta, I used to own an 80’s Focus 1000 which was a budget version of the Baretta. It still came with an original Floyd Rose, and I changed the pickup with a EMG 58, and added a tone pot. This was another abandoned guitar find from a friend. That FR was horribly pitted, and dull looking but I restored it the best I could. I wish I never sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                    I had a Focus 1000 just like that, but with a pointier headstock. God it was awesome.
                    Yeah I believe later Focus guitars had the pointier headstock. Great no nonsense shred axe. Even the stock pickup was a Super Distortion clone.

Comment

Originally posted by 1neeto View Post
                      1985 Ibanez AH-10 Allan Holdsworth. It was tossed in a corner in very sad shape. I wasn’t sure what it was until I saw the Allan Holdsworth name on the headstock. I knew who he was, and that made me very excited because I knew this had to be a very special Ibby. Unfortunately, the owner noticed my excitement and he googled the guitar. He ran into a reverb listing of over $2000. But that was a pristine showroom guitar. This one seemed had strings from 1985, it had several chips on the paint (you can see one of them in this pic), and it was unplayable. He still tried to start the negation at $1000. I told him he’s out of his mind and walked away.

For WEEKS we haggled via messenger, and I got him down to $500. I then asked him if he at least put new strings so I can see if it plays. I also asked if it had the original case. No to both questions. I figured it’s time to visit again and haggle in person. He was still firm on $500, and claimed that’s what he paid for it. I told him what he paid for it is not my problem, and this guitar in this unplayable condition without its original case is worth $100. Hell, for all I knew, it probably had a different pickup, and not the original Allan spec pickup. He then went down to $300, I told him I have $200 and I’m being extremely generous. I want the guitar, but not for $300. Take this or you won’t see me going through that door again. He took the cash.

First thing I did was remove the pick guard and look for the Allan signature on the back of the pickup. I could tell that pick guard was never removed, and a quick look revealed the cool engraved Allan signature. A bit of elbow grease, and she turned out to look quite decent, and plays and sounds amazing!
                      Ha, you're quite the haggler. It's a cool axe, and quite desirable among Ibanez aficionados. I don't know how many were made overall but probably few, Allan wasn't with Ibanez for very long, and they had trouble moving guitars in the couple of years before the Jem and RG550 were released. When the AH was introduced, this was also the time when basswood began to be widely used by Ibanez, and then everyone else followed suit.

Though Ed is widely known as 'the' guy who put a bucker in a Strat, Allan was also doing it around the similar time period.
                      Originally posted by dominus
                      Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

I recently got the blue one. Fun guitar.

replaced the nut and the tuners and put in a custom custom

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyBsurfin View Post
                          I recently got the blue one. Fun guitar.

replaced the nut and the tuners and put in a custom custom
                          Solid upgrades, right there.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Solid upgrades, right there.
                            I’m really liking the custom custom

Comment

Custom Custom + Floyd in a Strat scale is a recipe for success.
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Bumping this thread.. How is everyone getting along with their Baretta Specials after a few months have passed? I see they are back in stock and thinking about getting one.

How is the weight on these? I am hoping they are closer to 7lb than 8+

Also some photos show some colors like Vintage White with a granadillo fretboard and others look like rosewood. Were there ones made with rosewood or are they just darker photos?

Comment

Working...
                                X