Problems with the electronics on my Korina Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with the electronics on my Korina Explorer

My Korina explorer arrived today and when I take my hand of the strings there is a loud humming noise. Plus sometimes when I shut off the neck volume and the bridge volume the sound does not shut off all the way. There is still sound leaking through. It's a 2008 so do you think I should put it a new neck and bridge pot? Not sure about the loud hum when I take my hand away from the strings.

check to see if it's grounded

Comment

Not grounded, for sure.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Can you confirm that this is happening when in a different building connected to different electricity, too?
        As far as the volume not completely off, that is a ground issue, so you might try to post some clear photos of the electronics here.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Ground issue, as said. Easy fix overall.
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

The volume not going to zero can also sometimes be cured by a shot of Deoxit. Anyone who owns a guitar, should have a can of Deoxit. One can is usually a lifetime supply.

Comment

Working...
            X