Hey Gtrjuniour: Your switch arrived.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Gtrjuniour: Your switch arrived.

I can't find the original thread, but I do recall that when you talked about your 3-way not working, I assumed you wired it wrong.

Now that I have the switch in my hand . . . ouchee momma! I have never seen a 3-way or 5-way hosed this badly. Almost looks like it was installed with a ball-peen hammer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3-way-bent.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	6075771

Wow, that is...interesting.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

wow, blade totally messed up. I had a Tele have that happen only once. The case was either slammed down with the switch in the middle position, or the guitar or case were dropped and totally wrecked the blade. One one position worked on mine.

Comment

I have seen that happen when too much solder is used on the lug and it weeps down into the switch track. The solder will hang up the blade, and if you reef on it hard enough, it will bend the blade causing all kinds of fun stuff to go wrong. I had a 5-way super switch on my bench where that had happened.... Those switches are a PITA to fix once you mess them up.

Comment

Yeah. This one's trash, although I may keep it around just as an example. Unless Gtrjuniour wants it back. Which is no problem.

Comment

Working...
          X