Tell my i shouldn't do this. .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve got some ideas to tame high end frequencies

No experience with this idea but in theory it should work. Put a resistor in parallel with the pot to lower the pot value (IE bleed off more highs) like the 500k vs 250k trick.

Experiment with cap voltage values. I’ve found that low voltage caps are darker than high voltage caps. Like 600v vs 25v.

Experiment with cap construction. I’ve found that film n foil caps are brighter than metallized film than ceramic disks.

Mess with the pickup inductance by putting a steel plate on the bottom of the pickup AKA the telecaster trick. (I’d try this one first because it’s pretty easy and reversible)

My guess is that the messing with filters will be frustrating because you could lose musical sensitivity. But that’s just a guess.

That said I read and tried something from an article I read from Satriani’s tech Gary*** about a circuit with a small inductor/transformer . I tried it but didn’t get an immediate effect and then got distracted. You might have more luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have treble bleed on several guitars
      it does work and it does keep the signal from getting muddy as you turn down

I use the Mojo Tone one for $3 (Pro Tip: buy several, save shipping)

Keep more of your tone! This is a 220K resistor in parallel with a 471pf capacitor. The capacitor acts as a "treble bleed" to preserve high end frequencies, while the resistor improves the taper when rolling back your volume potentiometer.We use these in many of our pre-wired guitar assemblies.These are made in house. Please contact Sales if you plan to order a large quantity as that may delay your order from being shipped.
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
      X