I'm confused after reading the message I got concerning my wiring harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm confused after reading the message I got concerning my wiring harness

I sent the seller and maker of the 50's style wiring harness (pots) a message and he got back to me a little while ago. He verified that the black wires that are soldered on the pots are the ground wires. But then he said "just connect the pickup hot leads and jack hot leads to the volume as the diagram I sent and you should be good to go."

But when I look at the Duncan wiring diagram it's one of the wires coming from the switch that is supposed to go to the hot (tip) output of the output jack. If I soldered a wire from the hot tip of the output jack to the volume what would I do with the remaining third wire coming from the switch?

I'm confused now.

Gimme a minute or two. Now that I know exactly what switch and control parts you're using, I'll put together a diagram that incorporates both. But . . . gimme a sec.

P.S. Do you want "independent" volume controls? Ie., you can turn one down without it affecting the other. (But it does affect pup tone.) Or do you want "normal" Les Paul volume pot wiring?
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 05-01-2021, 01:58 PM.

Comment

He got back to me. He made a mistake when he told me that info so the Duncan diagram is correct.I'm not sure about what you are talking about "normal" or "independant". I'm just going to follow the Duncan diagram and everything should work. I never play with both pickups on at the same time. I only use one pickup at a time.

Comment

Cool. "Independent" simply means that when both pups are on at the same time, you can turn down one without it killing the other. However, it affects the tone of the pup because you're changing the "load" on the pup. It's simply a matter of flipping the input and output of the pot. Not a big deal. I hope you get this sounding sweet. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X