What model Strat is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What model Strat is this?

Every picture I can find of Charles "Skip" Pitts (Isaac Hayes' guitar player) he has some kind of metallic reverse fade Strat with what looks like Lace Sensors. Anyone recognize the specific model? Is it just an early Clapton or Beck model? The bridge appears to be modern with heavy saddles. Looks like a roller nut also.

I'm no expert on strat models by any means but looks like a strat plus to me. They had lace sensors, roller nuts on at least some of the models and there were some unique colours too.

This link has very detailed info. if it's of any help.

Comment

Looks like the same bridge I had on my 2002 MIA Strat.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
      http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

I believe it’s the Strat Plus. GearJonser has the blue version.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yup. Late 80's/early 90's Strat Plus. Gearjoneser has both colors now. He found the grey reverse burst several years ago online.

Comment

Thanks guys. Now GAS.

Comment

American Standard bridge, Lace Sensors - no roller nut.
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

huh? theres a roller nut in the pic

Comment

The Strat Plus and Strat Ultra were 2 of my favorite Strats, ever.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

huh? theres a roller nut in the pic
                    Looks like bone at first glance.
                    If it is an LSR roller - yeah, that would be an American Stratocaster Plus (late 80s to mid 90's).

Comment

It's a roller nut but he took the top part/cover off. The 'guides' or whatever that part is called.

Comment

What cover is that, Kemosabe?

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                          What cover is that, Kemosabe?

Yes, you're right. I didn't realize how many roller nut types there are on Strats - I mistakenly believed when I saw the newer LSR, it was (what I now know was the Wilkinson?) with part of it missing - didn't know it was all one piece - I'm used to locking nut types where the top piece comes off. My misunderstanding.

So basically he has a new LSR on an old 80's/90/s strat? Or did the Strat Plus always come with the newer Fender LSR one? (I have no idea when these were introduced - I have never had a Strat with one, so far. But may be in my future, hence this thread...). Edumacate me on the various roller nuts.

I'm referring to old (I believe this is Wilkinson made? this was the one on the earliest Jeff Beck strats back in the day, correct? Later there was a modified variant where 3 of the slots were beveled/slanted?):

new (Fender LSR?):

Comment

Frankly, I forget when Fender used each roller nut. It's all in that era from the late 80's onward for awhile. They all had their quirks and strengths.

Comment

According to the link I posted, they changed from Wilkinson to LSR nuts in mid '93

I've never had the chance to play one but would love the opportunity. Those models have a good name in general.

Comment

Working...
                              X