Faux '58 Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faux '58 Explorer

This showed up yesterday on Treeverb.... Selling out of my hometown. I have no idea who built it, or who is selling it....

‘58 Old Growth White Limba Brazilian Rosewood 5.6 Pounds Nitro Aged Exp Style Split Headstock | New and Vintage USA Guitars and Parts | Reverb
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

I wouldnt give $2500 for it, but i like the split headstock on that body.
    Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

Blemished Chinese kit + sandpaper

Lol
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

That's some slab of wood. If the woods are as the seller says, a lot of the expense would be coming from that - difficult to get single pieces in that size (originals were a mix of one or two pc bodies), and brw hasn't been legally harvested since late 60s.
        Originally posted by dominus
        Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

that is pretty badass
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

That's a great looking piece of wood!
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Very nice. With quality hardware & wiring and set of great pickups it might be worth $2500.
              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Wasn't the Explorer prototype with split headstock? Don't remember if they produced any with the split headstock.

Comment

Yes, the 1957 NAMM proto had a split headstock. A few production models had them too, I think Rick Nielsen owns one.
                  Originally posted by dominus
                  Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

These days it's more associated with the Futura or Moderne - but yes, it's an original Explorer feature.
                    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

5.6 pounds for an Explorer, sans hardware, seems like an awfully light combination of woods; that wasn't cheap, most likely.

Larry

Comment

Working...
                      X