'82 Hamer Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '82 Hamer Special

I did a thing recently and bought a guitar I have wanted for a loooooong time. I've owned a few Hamers in the past a couple of USA basses and a few decent imports but I have always wanted a checkerboard Special. Scored a nice deal on this one since it doesn't have the original pickups. It has a pair of Dimarzio K10's right now but they won't be around too long

It's got a few little scars and a rash patch on the back but really it's pretty perfect other than the pups.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2252.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	6078468
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2253.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	6078469
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Sweet.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Congratulations on your purchase. Hamers are the business!!

Comment

yeah man, love it! id be all over that thing. no idea what the k10s are but get something good in there and rock that thing

Comment

Man, those are just cool ass guitars. I better not see this on the chopping block, like ever.

Comment

i would totally take it off his hands if he does, calln first dibs!

Comment

If I sell this for any other reason than avoiding poverty I've lost my mind, always a possibility but hopefully not anytime soon lol

The K10's are a vintage output/ceramic mag pup, I don't care for that setup very much. Working on some proper pickups for it shortly. The K10's were what all the MIJ/MIK brands like Hondo, Aspen etc used when they advertised Dimarzios in their guitars. They were an OEM pickup for the imports, they have their fans but I am not one of them

The pic I took washed out the beautiful subtle flame so.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2257.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	6078610
              Last edited by Wattage; 05-06-2021, 03:52 PM.
              My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

That is nice. What are you thinking about putting in there for pickups?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Something '59-ish

All the OG Hamers shipped with Dimarzio PAFs - a double cream bridge and a zebra neck/black slug coil

I have some Dimarzio baseplates so I might have my buddy wind me up a set, I haven't decided yet.

The guitar sounded great thru my EVH rig at rehearsal so I am not in as big a rush as I was before rehearsal lol
                  My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I concur.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 81 natural one. Nice guitar, but i don‘t like the neck shape too much. D like, but not too thin with constant taper. The DiMarzio PAF are nice pickups with a roughcast Alnico 5. Both are the same wind with a 8.0k DCR. A bit too much in the neck, too enough beef in the bridge. The most interesting feature is the out of phase wiring from factory. If you lower the volume on the neck pup a bit, they sound like in phase again.
                      I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Yeah the neck has a D shape but it doesn't bother me like the hard D shape Gibson was doing for a few years, I actually find the neck really comfortable.

I have a standing order for a custom wound set from my friend's shop - A5 mag, PAF style - 8.8 bridge, 7.7 neck - I am pretty sure that these will go in there, though I found a used Antiquity set that match what I am looking for that I might spring for.

The guitar hangs off my shoulder perfectly for me
                        Last edited by Wattage; 05-08-2021, 08:19 AM.
                        My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Killer, sustain block ftw. When did they switch to tune-o-matic/stoptail on these double cuts?
                          Originally posted by dominus
                          Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                            Killer, sustain block ftw. When did they switch to tune-o-matic/stoptail on these double cuts?
                            Hi man... been a long time
                            hope you are keeping well mate, and still into your killer gig of prying the past from the dirt
                            if you ever get to Metung, you must drop over
                            www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                              thanks! I guess when they brought them back in the 90's they were all TOM equppied

My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
                              X