Who's got a Firebird handy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's got a Firebird handy?

Okay - need some dimensions. The Firebird has a raised portion - front and rear. How wide are they and how high is it? Thanks.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Sorry, mine is in storage. I think there's only 2-3 guys on here I'm aware of that have one.

If absolutely necessary, I can take my calipers down to my storage and get some numbers, but it wouldn't be until the weekend.

Comment

Thanks. No rush.

Comment

I wish I did.

Comment

One of my clients owns a 2018 Firebird Elite.... I should give him a call.

Comment

Don't know if these are accurate to what you are looking for, but this conversation has happened on other forums:

https://www.harmonycentral.com/forum...-firebird-vii/
            To start, the middle section is 4 1/16 " wide and 1 1/2" thick. The "step" off the face of the middle section to the "wings" is 5/64" while the "step" off the back is 7/64". Now for surprise number two: The "wings" have a thickness of 1 5/16" next to the center section but they both taper down to 1 3/32" at their sides. The taper goes from center section out towards the side edges of the guitar only.

https://retrofret.com/product.asp?Pr...%203%2F8%20in.
            Overall length is 43 3/8 in. (110.2 cm.), 13 7/16 in. (34.1 cm.) wide at lower bout, and 1 3/8 in. (3.5 cm.) in depth, measured at side of rim. Scale length is 24 3/4 in. (629 mm.). Width of nut is 1 5/8 in. (41 mm.).
            Last edited by beaubrummels; 05-13-2021, 04:07 PM.

Comment

That is GOOD info. Thanks so much!

Comment

I've got a Firebird V readily available, but I'm on vacation in Mexico right now. I can check when I get home on the 25th. I see that Beau has provided dimensions, I'll check those with my guitar and let you know.
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

OH. I forgot about this post... My pal with the Firebird Elite measured his and sent me the dimensions. His basically echo the ones Beau found. In addition, he measured the step on the peghead (yes - the black portion is raised), and it measures .075. He also removed the truss rod cover and made a template to give me the next time we see each other (which will be soon - we eat out a couple times a month).

Here he is the day he picked it up after initial setup...
                  Last edited by ICTGoober; 05-20-2021, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X