Gibson... Pirate guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson... Pirate guitar?

You guys have probably already seen it, but.... wow.

Here we have a very cool guitar: the Gibson SJ-200 Pirate created by the legendary Ren Ferguson.One of Ren's most famous guitars is the Black Pearl SJ-200 he built for Disney/Johnny Depp. After that he built a small handful of pirate-themed guitars. I'm not sure exactly how many were built, but I...

Sorry I can’t post a photo, maybe someone on desktop can link one.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Depp doesn't do much for me as a guitarist, but Ren Ferguson is a monster craftsman. I'm sure the guitar plays and sounds top shelf.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

"Genius"! What an idea to mask Gibby's traditionally shoddy and sloppy inlay work with a bone motif that makes it blend

It's not even old but the headstock inlay is already delaminating or whatever you call that foreskin scum looking crap around the lettering
        Last edited by Adieu; 05-16-2021, 10:05 PM.
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

On a $30K pirate guitar, the inlays should be made from bone - human bone.
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
            On a $30K pirate guitar, the inlays should be made from bone - human bone.
            ...of Henry and the previous QA department

Comment

Proves that sometimes more is less.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Is it cool? Yes. Is it $30k cool? Hell-to-the-no

Some Parrot Head with less brain cells than chops will surely buy it!

I think Falbo can make you Jack Sparo for considerably less that if not better, is at least as-good.

Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I would be far more likely to buy one of these, for the cheese-factor.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I wonder, was this originally a $10K guitar (seems typical for Gibson CS) and now it’s this high on the second hand market?
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                    X