The Most Expensive Gibson Line ($40K)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
    That is just a goofy amount to spend on an acoustic. I'd get a really nice Taylor and a really nice Martin . . . and then pocket the remaining 30,000$ and call it a day.
    There are actually some very wealthy people that will blow a large sum (large to most of us anyway) on something that is unique just to flaunt that no one else has one.

Comment

Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by v8stang289 View Post

This^

and now a Studio has jumped to $1500?

I'd love to have new LP Standard, but not at the current price/quality level
        I have said this for years:

The "Icon" business model means becoming famous for something, to the point of becoming Iconic. Then, as you wallow in self-aggrandizement and past glory, you get sloppy. As you notice sales dropping, the obvious move is to increase price to offset revenue losses, because, obviously, as an Icon, you are worth it. Right up to pricing yourself right out of the market.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          That is just a goofy amount to spend on an acoustic. I'd get a really nice Taylor and a really nice Martin . . . and then pocket the remaining 30,000$ and call it a day.
          It’s not meant to be really played, it’s meant to showcase the builder’s skills and the buyer’s money.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
          X