Tremsetters??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremsetters??

Do they actually work, & work well for a fully floating setup? My only Strat that needs help is the my only one that employs the two point tremolo!! I've successfully set up & maintained all my other trems that use the traditional 6 screw type, but this one trem seems to be getting caught up somewhere, but it's not!! & not all the strings are affected,,, with typically the B, G & high E coming up sharp from just seemingly looking at the guitar.... So, the Tremsetter? Hipsjot or a diff make?
    Yay or nay?
    Thnx all & good morning!! Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210511-014718_Gallery.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	6085838

A fully floating whammy system has NO tremsetter. Tremsetters stop the float.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
      A fully floating whammy system has NO tremsetter. Tremsetters stop the float.
      Technically you're right: if it's set then if it" s definitely not floating. But OP might be looking for something like the Tremmory, which lets the unit float, but always forces it back to a zero point and also mostly negates the "other strings go out of tune" effevt when bending. I have one waiting to be installed, but the guitar went for a refret while it arrived. I didn't buy the German (pretty expensive) version but got got it from a Russian dude who claims to be the original inventor, and it took quite some time for the Russian and Hungarian postal services to deliver....We'll see how it works once I get the guitar back.

To the OP: Are you sure it's the bridge? If a 2 point bridge doesn't return to "zero", wouldn't all strings be out of tune? And in my experience they usually return flat rather than sharp... I'd check for binding at the nut on the offending strings!

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
        If a 2 point bridge doesn't return to "zero", wouldn't all strings be out of tune? And in my experience they usually return flat rather than sharp... I'd check for binding at the nut on the offending strings!
        This ^

Comment

I've used the Super Vee Mag-Lok before. It really does stop the fluttering of the trem, and keeps it in one place if you break a string. It does 'feel' weird to use, as you can feel the magnets engage. I didn't like that, but if you started playing without such devices, you'd be used to the feel without them.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanx all, & all issues seemingly point to the nut,,
            My final question, on this 2 post knife's edge trem, should the plate be as parallel as possible to the body?? Again, all things do indeed sound like a nut issue,,, There's no burrs, my saddles are new & smooth at the bend, but I'm not familiar with what the 2 post trem should look like... When I get home, I'll post some plate profile pics so you all can check my angle & perhaps get me closer to something resembling perfection!!
            Thnx & be well all~

Comment

Working...
            X