10 String Acoustics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 String Acoustics

Does anyone know of any good 10 string acoustics? I tried my 12 string out without the E and A octave strings and I liked the sound, but would prefer a guitar with string spacing designed around 10 strings.

I saw the Michael Kelly Triad 10e was pretty good and for only $400, but it was sold out everywhere I looked.

I'm open to any recommendations
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

the only ones ive seen have been luthier made and carried the price tag youd expect for a hand built custom instrument. cool sound for sure though

Comment

Any reason to not just have a new nut cut on a 12 string and remove the two extra tuners if they rattle?
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

10 strings... reminds me of the original B.C. Rich Bich.

Comment

I did recently see an ad for an 8 string. I think it had doubled G & D strings.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            Any reason to not just have a new nut cut on a 12 string and remove the two extra tuners if they rattle?
            Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking. Keep the old nut too . . . then you can always go back to 12 string if you change your mind too.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
            X