Interacting with different guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Yep, I use the midi all of the time. There is a small MidiAxe box for phantom power then it goes right into the Kurzweil module. or the Emu synth module which has a ton of Allen Holdsworth-like sounds.
    A quick question about that- if you need to use a hold pedal for the synth, how do you do it? Do you have to connect one to the synth itself? What if you are going into a computer to use VSTs- how do you use hold on that?

I have a 13 pin output on my Brian Moore, and I use hold and volume from the midi interface jacks. I was curious how you handle it if there is no midi interface.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It would be a pedal on the back of the synth though there is a programming application that comes on a disk with the guitar. I am sure I could assign "hold" to one of the switches on the lower horn of the guitar. Right now one switch tightens the tracking and the other is a three-way that allows you to raise or lower the instrument an octave. The knob is the synth volume.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        It would be a pedal on the back of the synth though there is a programming application that comes on a disk with the guitar. I am sure I could assign "hold" to one of the switches on the lower horn of the guitar. Right now one switch tightens the tracking and the other is a three-way that allows you to raise or lower the instrument an octave. The knob is the synth volume.
        Yes, when I bought my Brian Moore, I was asked if I wanted the MidiAxe stuff in there, but at the time, you'd have to use a midi expression pedal (not easy to find then) to send stuff like hold or volume to a VST...and synths don't always come with those jacks.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X