The Gibson Garage Nashville!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

You should bring in one of the Joe Bonamassa garden gnomes for him to sign.
    FTW! Extra points if you bring a crayola instead of a sharpie for him to sign with!

Comment

Bonamassa there? Why isn't he opening up Brickandmortarmassa's himself?
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

That's funny that Kramer went down in the 90's while Kramer from Seinfeld was getting hugely popular. Remember that movie Kramer vs Kramer? lol
        Maybe these new models are a step forward at least.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

You should bring in one of the Joe Bonamassa garden gnomes for him to sign.
          Well Well, The following will not surprise you then.

I got off on Demonbreon St. yesterday and started to head that way -and immediately got behind a guy on a three wheel trike motorcycle in a USA Joe Bonamassa shirt heading toward the garage.

I hit the eject button, maybe try today.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Just prepare yourself, you are heading into Bonamassa/Agnessi territory, it will be difficult.

Comment

Kramer was dead in 1990. That's when the fire sale in NJ happened. There was an attempt to resurrect the brand with some Czech made models in the mid-90's but they didn't survive. Then the MusicYo thing happened after Gibson acquired the name and that went belly up. The current offerings the last few years are all made overseas in Korea or China. IMO, they don't touch the quality and feel of the 80's guitars. They are better somewhat better than the MusicYo offerings. The mid-90's Czech models were pretty darn good, and I'd rank them above the MusicYo era. They may share a name and shape, but that is about it. I've owned a few 80's Kramers and still have one. It will go with me to my grave, or to our oldest daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                Just prepare yourself, you are heading into Bonamassa/Agnessi territory, it will be difficult.
                I mean, both types are fine if geeking out on guitars -I'm good with most people in a personal setting.

I just don't think a frenetic room full of lawyers and dentists in Harley chaps talking about 8,000 Les Pauls is my scene -especially when their wallets are occupying any chance for me to touch a guitar or ask a geeky question.

I care about music and guitar history -not side bar 401k and lake house conversations which tend to happen at these types of scenes.

So if it's busy with collectors, I'd rather wait for a better time
                Last edited by NegativeEase; 06-11-2021, 11:26 AM.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I still need to get that visit in beforehand. I'm counting on being able to sleep when I'm dead.
                  I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                    I just don't think a frenetic room full of lawyers and dentists in Harley chaps talking about 8,000 Les Pauls is my scene -especially when their wallets are occupying any chance for me to touch a guitar or ask a geeky question.
                    No no no!!!! You have to look at like this;

As they discuss them, you then say "Man, awesome, play something on it! I want to see how you vibe with it!!"

And then sit back and watch the tragedy unfold. Then when they say it has this/that/the other defects that make it not exactly awesome/playable, ask to see it and just shred it hard right in front of them....

Good times. You can do this in a GC, but it would be wayyyy more fun there!
                    Last edited by Aceman; 06-14-2021, 06:17 AM.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

No no no!!!! You have to look at like this;

Ask they discuss them, you then say "Man, awesome, play something on it! I want to see how you vibe with it!!"

And then sit back and watch the tragedy unfold. Then when they say it has this/that/the other defects that make it not exactly awesome/playable, ask to see it and just shred it hard right in front of them....

Good times. You can do this in a GC, but it would be wayyyy more fun there!
                      Ha. didn't consider that angle .... sweeeet!

Comment

Working...
                      X