X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
    If they could make me the exact guitar I wanted, I would go for it, unless I was opposed to their morals or ethics.
    As I said initially....for whatever reasons.

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
    IIRC from one of the James Brown interviews, that was one of Eddie's requirements for his "signature" amps and guitars. If Eddie needed a replacement, he wanted to be able to go to the nearest store and buy one to use on stage.
    Yup that's how it should be. How can a guitar be a sig if it's stripped down on quality and hardware to the point the artist would not want it themselves? (!!!)

Leave a comment:

• JamesPaul
    replied
    IIRC from one of the James Brown interviews, that was one of Eddie's requirements for his "signature" amps and guitars. If Eddie needed a replacement, he wanted to be able to go to the nearest store and buy one to use on stage.

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied
    One thing that always annoys me is having a version of the artist's signature at every single price-point.

Having one version for production and another at custom-shop is OK I guess, but I'd rather the production model be what the player actually uses live, and the custom-shop version be either snazzed-up bit or maybe have the same guitar but with an "alternate hardware package" or even like 22frets vs 24,,ect,,.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    I wouldn't if they couldn't build what I actually would use. For instance, if the headstock was part of the company's brand and all their guitars *had* to use that headstock (but I never would), I'd pass.
    Generally, there are a lot of compromises (usually due to cost) that artists make in order to get a signature guitar. I am sure most people are ok with those tradeoffs. But if I had a fan base big enough to sell a few thousand instruments, I'd want them to get exactly what I use. I'd also like to be able to take a guitar off the shelf and have it sub in for my personal instrument at any time and not feel like I have 'less'.

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied
    I would not have to be a fan of the company to yell "yes" very loudly.

As long as the brand was not openly raping and pillaging people. (not including animals for the sake of this discussion lol)

Leave a comment:

• Nsatke81
    replied
    It depends on how badly I needed the ends. Normally I’m too happy to play everything under the sun to pick one specific brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CaptainWhizz
    replied
    If they could make me the exact guitar I wanted, I would go for it, unless I was opposed to their morals or ethics.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    "If the numbers are correct..." - Dr. Dre

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    started a topic Your Signature Guitar

Your Signature Guitar

A guitar company wants to make a signature guitar. You have full say in design/specs/etc. The problem is, you aren't a fan of that company for whatever reason(s). Do you do it?

I wouldn't.

Working...
X