No announcement yet.

NGD. Ibanez SEW761FM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised more brands haven't gone to alder+maple, those are still quite affordable
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post

Yes, you can, my tech installed a PATB set in my RG, which is routed for direct mounted DiMarzios.
      Nice, enjoy it then :-)

Comment

That's hot!

Comment

Nope, Natural Flat. I just suck at taking pictures...
          Ah. That does look better. (Not that there's anything wrong with pink.)

Comment

Cool, I remember looking at that one when the 2021 catalogue came out, the all creme pups caught my eye. That's one dark roast neck! It's cool that they've given the S a hardtail option, which is not too common.

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
            There were non-economy Ibanez models with non-Gotoh hardware???
            It's a regular Indo model, hence the hardware; brand name pups are the sole upgrade. The Premiums tend to have Gotoh hardware.

Anyway, they trimmed the lineup in places this year; the op's guitar is the only S model being offered. There's a significant backlog in production across the board, and a lot of dealers are out of stock or having a trickle coming in.
            Originally posted by dominus
            Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Well, alder and ash were considered cheap woods when a guy called Clarence Leonidas started a company in Fullerton a few years back...
              Yep.

Leo Fender chose the woods he chose because they were cheap. He didn't give a damn about tone.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                Cool, I remember looking at that one when the 2021 catalogue came out, the all creme pups caught my eye. That's one dark roast neck! It's cool that they've given the S a hardtail option, which is not too common.

It's a regular Indo model, hence the hardware; brand name pups are the sole upgrade. The Premiums tend to have Gotoh hardware.

Anyway, they trimmed the lineup in places this year; the op's guitar is the only S model being offered. There's a significant backlog in production across the board, and a lot of dealers are out of stock or having a trickle coming in.
                I have a 2015 Premium RG870RWZ, and it has no Gotoh hardware, only some recent models offer Gotoh tuners.

Here in Europe the S Standard line currently has hree models on offer: this SEW761FM, a S521 and a S520.
                Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

So confusing, there are some models now which might as well be MIJ given the specs and price but are Premium, like the mahogany RG6 with EMGs. It certainly costs more than some Japanese guitars.

The RG870 looks pretty nice too, with that rosewood top.

Derp, you're right, the 761 is just new for 2021.

I feel like Ibanez should bring back some of the crazy colours for the S like they had on the Gambale guitars.
                  Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                    So confusing, there are some models now which might as well be MIJ given the specs and price but are Premium, like the mahogany RG6 with EMGs. It certainly costs more than some Japanese guitars.

The RG870 looks pretty nice too, with that rosewood top.

Derp, you're right, the 761 is just new for 2021.

I feel like Ibanez should bring back some of the crazy colours for the S like they had on the Gambale guitars.
                    Yep, the Premium line is all over the place, with one costing as much as some japanese models. Go figure.

Even weirder, there's a S561 coming, but it doesn't show up anywhere....
                    Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Gotoh hardware only in Japanese made.

Yeah Premiums prices have become so ridiculous you might as well get a Prestige. But it seems to be popular in Europe. Even the snobbish Swiss snatch 'em like hot cakes...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                        Gotoh hardware only in Japanese
                        Not really. The current S671ALB (Iron Label line) and RG1120PBZ (Premium line) are made in Indonesia, and both have Gotoh tuners, for instance.

Comment

I kinda dig the matte seafoam green of the 561.

Comment

Working...
                          X