First post-shut down guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post-shut down guitar

I've been pretty busy in the recent political and global climates, so I haven't had much of a chance to work on any guitar builds. Today, however I noticed GFS was having a factory buyout sale, so I decided to see what they had.

I bought a maple strat neck and a seafoam top-rout sss strat body with two routes for pots and a blade switch.

The plan right now is put some generic vintage single coils in for now and a 3-way pickup selector like they had in the olden days. It will have a volume control and the tone control will affect the neck and middle. I'm thinking 300k pots, and a greasebucket tone control. 6-point trem set to down only, and maybe some Wilkinson EZ-Lok tuners.

Any recommendations for GFS pickups? Just to challenge myself I'm going to be doing it using solely GFS parts except for the electrical components I have laying around.

I haven't done anything with modding recently, should be fun to get back into it.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

if you are using a vintage output bridge pup, id want the tone on that too. i know its not vintage correct, but as someone that really likes low output single coils in all positions, its nice to be able to roll back some high end especially with a dirty sound.

Comment

Yeah, I'm debating putting the tone control on the bridge, but for now I'm going to do without it, just to make this guitar different. I've got plenty of guitars on hand that I designed to be great guitars, now I'm just fiddling around with making one that's just supposed to be interesting
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

If I didn’t have to worry about shipping and customs charges, I would love to put a guitar together from GFS parts. They have some interesting stuff. I’m looking forward to seeing your build.

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
          Yeah, I'm debating putting the tone control on the bridge, but for now I'm going to do without it, just to make this guitar different. I've got plenty of guitars on hand that I designed to be great guitars, now I'm just fiddling around with making one that's just supposed to be interesting
          An insanely bright bridge pickup that heavily contrasts to the rest of the positions would certainly be 'interesting'. 'Borderline unusable' would be other adjectives that spring to mind.

Comment

Working...
          X